Fantasy Fiction posted January 20, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A trip of a lifetime becomes a ancestry revelation

The trip of a lifetime

by SLMorrical


It was going to be the trip of a lifetime. We were going to Europe, and I was going to see Stonehenge. This Celtic place was something I wanted to see since I was in my early teens. It was supposed to be the greatest experience of my life. I scrimped and saved for this trip. Being of English and Irish decent I was curious about certain things in England and Ireland.

Stonehenge was the first thing on my list of things I wanted to see. Little did I know it would be the most horrible thing for me to accomplish. I packed my suitcases with vigor. My husband and I were so excited to see this historic site. We had so many Celtic nick knacks and such it just was the ultimate to experience.

We drove to the airport with excitement, checked in for our flight, and boarded the plane to England. Unfortunately, it was the last flight we would ever take. When we arrived in England, we quickly went to the hotel. After getting settled in our room, we were hungry and went to the restaurant in the hotel, on the way to dinner we stopped at the front desk and booked the tour of Stonehenge. I couldn't' sleep that night; I was too excited about the next day.

The following morning we went to breakfast, the restaurant in the hotel has delicious food, and prepared for the tour of Stonehenge. I dressed in comfortable attire, making sure I was prepared for rain or heat. When the announcement came for boarding on the tour bus, I squealed with excitement. We boarded the tour, we were off to Stonehenge.

The drive didn't seem that long and when I saw the massive structure of Stonehenge the excitement in me continued to rise. Everyone was getting off the bus, I stood up to proceed with everyone. Suddenly I became light-headed and fell backward onto the bus's seat and was unconscious.

I have no idea what has happened. I was opening my eyes and saw my husband asking me if I was alright. I shook my head yes as the bus driver came over to check on me. He was to ask some strange questions. He asked me if I was a psychic or sensitive. I have been told there is a history of being sensitive in my family. I have also been told I was because some things I do pick up on in a weird way.

The bus driver then told me I couldn't see Stonehenge up close. The last psychic that was on the tour went crazy from some kind of vibes they received from Stonehenge. I insisted on going to the structure and signed a waiver to do so. I headed toward the structure, and could hear all kinds of voices in my head. I started to see spirits and became so overwhelmed I ran back to the bus.

I stayed on the bus the whole time it was at Stonehenge. When the tour was over, and we went back to the hotel, I could still hear the voices, but not see the spirits. I wonder if my family history is tied to Stonehenge. While up in the room preparing to go to dinner in the hotel restaurant, a small book was pushed under the door. "The Celtic Connection to Stonehenge."

I picked up the book, read the synopsis and who the author was. Apparently, the author had some connection to Stonehenge as I did. It was all because of his Irish, English ancestry. That is just like my ancestry, except I also have Spanish Gypsy in my blood. We checked out of the hotel the following day and flew home.

I was very disappointed I didn't have my time at Stonehenge to explore it. My husband knew that and suggested I read the book that was left for me. I read the book on the plane home. I learned how the English and Irish descendants had a connection with Stonehenge metaphysically.

I thought how interesting to have a connection with a historical monument or structure.
I realized my ancestry goes way back, even to the dark ages, the more I read the book, the more fascinated I was with it. I thought it was going to be the trip of a lifetime, but it became a trip of ancestry revelations.



This Sentence Starts The Story contest entry


I always look forward to feedback. I wrote this as a whim. I always wanted to see Stonehenge, because of my ancestral history/background
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. SLMorrical All rights reserved.
SLMorrical has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.