General Fiction posted January 19, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Creatures everywhere.

Invasion

by Heather Knight


I saw the first one while jogging one day. It was still very early and the streets were deserted. The creature sniffed as if it found me somehow disgusting. The feeling was mutual.

I remembered one of my students had told me she would like to have one as a pet. It takes all sorts...

A week passed by and I forgot the incident, but then I saw a small group circling a sewer near my apartment. My neighbors were always complaining about how dirty London was. Maybe they were right.

However, I didn't realize something was seriously wrong till the beginning of summer. I was coming home from work when I noticed a silhouette by the bins. It was as big as a five-year-old, but the shape was all wrong.

I approached it apprehensively and found myself face to face with a rat bigger than my daughter.



Flash Fiction contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.