General Poetry posted January 16, 2019 Chapters: 1 -2- 3 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Quatrains, Reversed Rhyme

A chapter in the book Seasons - Spring, Summer, Fall

Delight in Autumn

by Treischel

 
Delight in all the colors of an autumn day,
and share  every experience along the way.
Rewards will be long lasting when you show a child
the beauty that surrounds them in the primal wild.
 
The chances are quite likely they’ll become beguiled
and joy’d become infectious as the parents smiled
while watching happy children dance and prance away,
diverted by the freedom forests oft’ convey.
 




When you look at that photo, you can't help but to smile at that child cavorting on the path. I certainly was inspired.

This poem is a formatted as quatrains with reverse rhyming. It requires two stanzas. Any iambic meter will do. I used Alexandrine Hexameter here (twelve syllables, or 6 iambic feet). The reverse comes from changing the aabb rhyme in the first stanza to bbaa rhyme in the second. So there are only two rhymes in all 8 lines of the set, an "a" rhyme and a "b" rhyme. You can add any number of more stanzas in sets of two, each reversed rhymed.

This photograph was taken by the author himself on October 16, 2018.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.