Commentary and Philosophy Script posted January 17, 2019 Chapters:  ...13 14 -15- 16... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
FanStory's only Talk Show - #15: Greenlight

A chapter in the book Cracker Croakers (A Talk Show)

Cracker Croakers

by Brett Matthew West


CANDICE: Welcome to Cracker Croakers for Thursday, January 17, 2019. I'm Candice Bergeron, your hostess with the mostest.

COLTON: And, I'm your other host Colton Wyatt.

CANDICE: What's the flavor of the day for today, Colton?

COLTON: Well, while researching other apps I came across this one called Greenlight I thought might interest you since you have two young rugrats running around the house.

CANDICE: Greenlight? I've never heard of that one before. So, tell me all about this app, Colton.

COLTON: As you know Candice, I don't endorse any product we discuss here on Cracker Croakers, so you'll have to decide for yourself if this is one you want to look into further. I will tell you Greenlight is designed to help parents raise more financially-smarter children.

CANDICE: It's never too early for children to learn the ins and outs of financial responsibilities.

COLTON: With a variety of controls parents can manage from their phones, Greenlight is a debit card particularly for the younger set through the college years. Two nifty little features are the amount of money the kid can spend on the card and where they can spend the cashola are decided by the parent.

CANDICE: Alright Colton. You have my interest, so tell me more about Greenlight.

COLTON: Greenlight has three unique types of accounts. There's a spending account, a savings account, and a charitable giving account. Greenlight is designed to teach young users how to make responsible financial decisions as well as the importance of saving money.

CANDICE: Lessons they can well learn. How does Greenlight work, Colton?

COLTON: The users see how much money they have and where they are allowed to spend it. And, that can be the exact store if the parents want to set their account up that way.

CANDICE: What does Greenlight offer parents?

COLTON: Parents control what their children can do with their Greenlight debit card. Other features of this app are an automated allowance and a Parent-Paid Savings Interest component. There are several others available as well. And, if the cardholder attempts to use their Greenlight anywhere except the designated store, or exceed the limit of funds available to them, the transaction will not complete.

CANDICE: What is the parent-paid interest on savings you mentioned, Colton?

COLTON: The Greenlight Educational Savings Account permits parents to pay interest on their child's savings. This is calculated and paid monthly on the average daily balance of what the child keeps in their savings during the month. The Parent's Wallet feature of Greenlight conveniently credits this amount to the child's savings account.

CANDICE: I've recently begun providing my children an allowance. If I wanted to could I do so using Greenlight?

COLTON: Sure can. Parents can establish an automated payment schedule and it can be customized for the individual offspring. This can be a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly payment and on whatever day the parent wants the payment to be made. Another benefit is these payments can be split any way the parent wants to between the child's savings, giving, and spending accounts.

CANDICE: Is there anything else about Greenligt a parent should know?

COLTON: Let's say your child needs cash for some reason. Parents can add money to their youngster's ATM feature and set a specific amount the child can withdraw from an ATM machine. Only the amount set can be taken out of the ATM, no more.

CANDICE: This information sounds like something I may want to investigate for my children's use.

COLTON: Well, most people learn by doing. That's also a good method of teaching financial stability. And, Greenlight provides children the opportunity to experience personal finances in the real world. This can help prepare them for a brighter future.

CSANDICE: So, Greenlight allows its users to virtually see they have available. That would certainly teach my two if they want to keep the bar moving toward something they desire how to arrive there the soonest.

COLTON: Not to mention teaching them how to live on a budget.

CANDICE: How can members of our audience learn more about Greenlight for themselves, Colton?

COLTON: Simply go to greenlightcard.com.

CANDICE: That about wraps us up for this edition of Cracker Croakers.

COLTON: In that case smarty-pants, I suppose we better say adieu. She's Candice!

CANDICE: And, he's Colton, the tech savvy member of our team.

CANDICE AND COLTON: And, we invite you to join us again tomorrow for another entertaining edition of Cracker Croakers (Featuring Candice and Colton).




Go, by DeniseM, selected to complement my script.

So, thanks DeniseM, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my script.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by DeniseM at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.