Commentary and Philosophy Script posted January 10, 2019 Chapters:  ...8 9 -10- 11... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
FanStory's only Talk Show - Script 10: GPS Trackers

A chapter in the book Cracker Croakers (A Talk Show)

Cracker Croakers

by Brett Matthew West


Candice: Welcome to Cracker Croakers for Thursday, January 10, 2019. I'm Candice Bergeron, your hostess with the mostest.

Colton: And, I'm your other host Colton Wyatt.

Candice: Colton, I do believe Cracker Croakers is gaining somewhat of a following. We're being asked how to find earlier editions of our show.

Colton: That's an easy one to answer for our audience. All they need to do is go to the top of the page. There, they will locate blue numbers. Just click on those numbers and all the previous editions of Cracker Croakers instantly become available for them to enjoy.

Candice: Colton, are you aware GPS tracking devices can help keep your family safe?

Colton: They sure can, Candice. GPS is a handy little tool to have when you're attempting to find a destination in unfamiliar territories.

Candice: GPS tracking devices are much more useful than that, Colton. Almost everybody owns a cell phone...

Colton: Tell me about it. You see people talking on them, and texting all the time, while they should be paying attention to their driving.

Candice: Don't I know that! But, as long as a cell phone is turned on, apps like Find Friends and Find My iPhone, will pinpoint the exact location of all cell phones on your family plan.

Colton: Electronic fences, or geo-fences as they are more commonly called, allow you to essentially draw a digital map that could include such locations as your home, your child's school, and other such variables.

Candice: Then, every time a cell phone on the map relocates from one destination to another you'll receive a notification.

Colton: GPS tracking devices are also extremely helpful if you have elderly parents, or one with dementia who may wander off.

Candice: Fall detection is another feature of GPS trackers. These can alert you, and call 911 in an emergency situation, should the person wearing the tracker fall and need assistance.

Colton: Kind of like that Life Alert commercial on TV that says, "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!" But, seriously, GPS devices work through satellites and cell towers. However, for these trackers to function properly, your cellular service provider must cover the area where the device operates.

Candice: Many GPS trackers report back to your home base every thirty seconds.

Colton: That sounds like a major inconvenience.

Candice: Not really, Colton, especially when you're tracking someone.

Colton: Other potential concerns with GPS signals are that certain areas can block their transmissions and cell service can be spotty at best. These adversely affect the efficiency of the GPS tracker.

Candice: Interestingly enough, Colton, a GPS tracker will continue recording information, but not report it if the device doesn't receive cell service. Once the tracker reconnects to a cell tower again that tracking history is then reported by the device.

Colton: There are some ramifications that come with GPS trackers, particularly if you use them for the wrong reasons. These can land you in serious legal difficulties.

Candice: One big no-no are spying apps. These allow the tracking of someone's cell phone without their knowledge and can result in criminal charges for violating that person's right to privacy.

Colton: Using a GPS tracking device to illegally track a person without a reasonable cause violates the 4th Amendment that protects citizens against unreasonable search and seizure.

Candice: So, you can't legally stick a GPS tracker on someone's vehicle without them knowing so. The commission of this act could result in your being arrested for aggravated stalking.

Colton: There are several GPS tracking devices available you can purchase outright and pay a monthly service fee for.

Candice: One of these that is used wherever T-Mobile coverage is available is called GPS Smartsole. Designed particularly for senior citizens and children, this tracker is located in the insole of a shoe. It logs the wearer's location. Safe zones can be established for the user. However, the battery life of the device typically only lasts up to three days.

Colton: Verizon's GizmoWatch is another. This tracker is a smartwatch that allows you up to ten contacts for two-way voice calls and messaging.

Candice: Probably my preferred tracker is the Amber Alert GPS Smart Locator. This pocket-sized GPS device can run up to 40 hours on one charge. You can establish geo-fence boundaries and communicate using a two-way voice function. Best of all, this tracker alerts you if your child comes within 500 feet of a registered sex offender. Having two small children of my own, I really favor that feature.

Colton: To find the GPS tracker that best suits their own needs there are other devices on the market our audience may want to check out for themselves.

Candice: Well, that about wraps us up for this edition of Cracker Croakers.

Colton: In that case, smarty-pants, I suppose we better say adieu. She's Candice!

Candice: And, he's Colton!

Candice and Colton; And, we invite you to join us again tomorrow for another entertaining edition of Cracker Croakers (Featuring Candice and Colton).




My blooming Cell phone, by AVMurray, selected to complement my script.

So, thanks AVMurray, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my script.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.