Commentary and Philosophy Script posted January 8, 2019 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 9... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The only Talk Show on FanStory -Script #8: Streaming Videos

A chapter in the book Cracker Croakers (A Talk Show)

Cracker Croakers

by Brett Matthew West


Candice: Welcome to Cracker Croakers for Tuesday, January 8, 2019. I'm Candice Bergeron, your hostess with the mostest

Colton: And, I'm your other host Colton Wyatt.

Candice: Yesterday we discussed PFAS in America's drinking water. A couple of our FanStory readers raised a question about what cities are doing to eliminate these hazards. Many towns now use granular activated carbon to improve water filtration.

Colton: GAC filtration is the current recognized technology for removing PFAS from drinking water. Thanks for the question.

Candice: I'd like to remind our readers, if any of them have something they'd like to ask us, or request further clarification on topics we discuss, they should feel free to send their inquiries to Cracker Croakers and we will do our best to respond.

Colton: That's what we're here for, Candice...our readers.

Candice: Barbara Williams in Loma Linda, California sent us an email. She wants to know when WarnerMedia and Disney launch their new streaming services later in 2019 how this competition will affect Netflix and the current video streaming service available for downloading?

Colton: For starters, Barbara, Netflix viewers will not be able to watch blockbuster movies that belong exclusively to Disney. WarnerMedia will also display their top films or HBO.

Candice: Roger McAlister in Denison, Texas sent us this email inquiring does this change in streaming mean consumers will pay more for shows they want to view or lose them altogether?

Colton: People will have a larger selection of what they want to stream. However, the market will continue to further fragment.

Candice: All because media companies want to capitalize on the popularity of streaming videos and the profits garnished by doing so.

Colton: Doesn't everything always get back to making money, Candice? In 2018, nearly 55 percent of all American households subscribed to paid video streaming services.

Candice: Let's take another email. This one is from Phoebe Alderman in Eugene, Oregon. She wants to know what programs will the new Disney Plus streaming service offer?

Colton: Well, Phoebe, that change will be led by new Star Wars and Marvel programs. In addition, its extensive cache of live-action and animated movies and shows will dominate.

Candice: AT&T's service will be one consisting of three tiers that are centered around HBO. Their lowest level will provide movies.

Colton: Their mid-level will offer newer films and original programs.

Candice: And, their highest level will provide consumers such programs as "Friends". Let's take one final email for this show. It comes from Darren Dowd in Marietta, Georgia. Darren desires to know how individual channels are going to enter the down-streaming act?

Colton: Well, Darren, such channels as EPSN and Showtime will launch a direct-to-consumers service projected to begin within the next five years. This means every major television network will join the bandwagon.

Candice: To demonstrate the popularity of streaming online, Netflix reported that 45 million subscribers worldwide watched the thriller "Bird Box" the first week the movie was released.

Colton: This became the largest first-week success of any film in Netflix's twelve year history.

Candice: This staggering number of viewers watched "Bird Box" from December 21 to December 27.

Colton: That adds up to about one-third of Netflix's total number of subscribers who watched the movie during the Christmas week.

Candice: Tune in again tomorrow when we will continue to examine these pending changes to the popular world of streaming videos. Joining us at the round table will be consumer watchdog Delores Riggins.

Colton: That ought to make for a lively discussion.

Candice: Well, that about wraps us up for this edition of Cracker Croakers.

Colton: In that case, smarty-pants, I suppose we better say adieu. She's Candice!

Candice: And, he's Colton!

Candice and Colton; And, we invite you to join us again tomorrow for another entertaining edition of Cracker Croackes (Featuring Candice and Colton).




Jedi, by MKFlood, selected to complement my script.

So, thanks MKFlood, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my script.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MKFlood at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.