General Poetry posted January 5, 2019 Chapters:  ...147 148 -149- 150... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Sapphonic Triad

A chapter in the book Commentary and Philosophy

Certain Culture Clash

by Treischel

“One does not sell the earth
upon which the people walk” – Crazy Horse
 
The native view
on property
contrasted with
the white-man’s plans.
 
And so the fated culture clash
resulted in
Destiny’s Tragedy.
 

 
 
 




I contrasted here the dichotomy of the rationalization that winning the west was our nation's "Manifest Destiny."

Crazy Horse was a Native American war leader of the Oglala Lakota in the 19th century. He took up arms against the United States federal government to fight against encroachment by white American settlers on Native American territory and to preserve the traditional way of life of the Lakota people. His participation in several famous battles of the American Indian Wars on the northern Great Plains, among them the Fetterman Fight in 1866 in which he acted as a decoy and the Battle of the Little Bighorn in 1876 in which he led a war party to victory, earned him great respect from both his enemies and his own people. Source: Wikipedia.

This poem is a Sapphonic Triad.
This form is an invention of our own Cliverde (Carol) and Pantygynt (Jim).
The form is as follows:

- A two-line quotation (Free verse but the max total of sixteen syllables
must be concise and memorable)

- followed by a quatrain, four lines each of four syllables

- finally an 8-4-6 syllable envoi that moves us on somewhere...it should have a "satori" feeling.


- You can use rhyme if you want.


The picture is of the Crazy Horse Monument in South Dakota.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.