Commentary and Philosophy Script posted January 4, 2019 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 7... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Script #6: Nine Hundred Errors

A chapter in the book Cracker Croakers (A Talk Show)

Cracker Croakers -

by Brett Matthew West

Candice: Welcome to Cracker Croakers. I'm Candice Bergeron, your hostess with the mostest. Today, I'm miffed!

Colton: And, I'm your other host Colton Wyatt. That makes two of us, Candice.

Candice: Nine hundred errors. Count them, Colton. Nine hundred times Wells Fargo has admitted to making mistakes in judgment that cost customers their homes. That's unfathomable to me!

Colton: If the truth be told there's probably a whole lot more than those yet to surface.

Candice: My indictment against Wells Fargo in this matter is this: how can anybody who calls themselves a bank be that inept?

Colton: These foreclosures distressed homeowners were forced into over the course of several years destroyed many lives.

Candice: Not to mention what was done to their credit ratings. All because Wells Fargo committed an array of needless mistakes. Maybe they should watch where they're walking.

Colton: In just the last two years alone, Wells Fargo has paid more than a staggering one billion dollars in fines.

Candice: To me, that number should be much higher! Wells Fargo opened millions upon millions of bogus, did you hear what I just said, Colton? I said, Wells Fargo opened millions upon millions of bogus accounts customers did not want, need, or desire. Sounds like a case of greed to me.

Colton: They also erroneously repossessed thousands of customers' means of transportation. Can one of our listeners please explain to me what Wells Fargo was thinking in doing this?

Candice: That's one of the problems here, Colton. Wells Fargo was not thinking. Oh, but, in addition to all this we have talked about so far, Wells Fargo has also been criticized for eliminating 26,000 jobs while reaping a corporate tax cut that boosted profits 3.7 billion dollars in 2018. And, they couldn't afford to pay workers? I wonder who's pockets those billions of dollars greased?

Colton: Wells Fargo did apologize for those boatloads of errors.

Candice: For many of these customers, isn't it a little too late for Wells Fargo to apologize? That won't restore the lives Wells Fargo stole away from them. And, believe me, Colton. Wells Fargo has a very long way to go to restore its image.

Colton: I wholeheartedly agree with you, Candice. Wells Fargo has offered customers who lost their homes the opportunity to enter mediation or receive a token pittance in compensation for their losses.

Candice: Wells Fargo first began these chains of mistakes in 2010. They have been ongoing for eight years, people! And, Wells Fargo did not correct them until April of 2018. Of course they blame the whole situation on a "computer error". My a..!

Colton: That's supposed to explain Wells Fargo denying help to homeowners after foreclosure attorney fees were improperly used?

Candice: What about Wells Fargo's failure to find these problems when they occurred or to maintain its systems? Or the fact Wells Fargo hid these problems for several years?

Colton: At least a class-action lawsuit has been brought against Wells Fargo by several of the approximately 545 customers who lost their homes to foreclosure unnecessarily.

Candice: Too bad!

Colton: As they say, every penny counts. And, I hope these people receive all they have coming to them in this matter.

Candice: I have no sympathy for Wells Fargo. None whatsoever. The not so poor little babies there should have known better. Well, Colton, that about wraps us up for this edition of Cracker Croakers.

Colton: In that case smarty-pants, I suppose we better say adieu. She's Candice, and today she's quite a firebrand!

Candice: And, he's Colton. At least he agrees with me about this Wells Fargo fiasco.

Candice and Colton: And, we invite you to join us again tomorrow for another entertaining edition of Cracker Croakers (Featuring Candice and Colton).





Annie, by Anne, selected to complement my blog entry.

So, thanks Anne, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my blog entry.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.