Commentary and Philosophy Script posted January 1, 2019 Chapters: 1 -2- 3... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Script #2: Movies

A chapter in the book Cracker Croakers (A Talk Show)

Cracker Croakers

by Brett Matthew West


"Movies"

FADE IN

Candice: Welcome to Cracker Croakers. I'm Candice Bergeron, your hostess with the mostest.

Colton: And, I'm your other host, Colton Wyatt.

Candice: Hollywood's major movies seem to be holding their own when it comes to entertainment dollars.

Colton: Films such as "Bumblebee" and "Mary Poppins Returns" are very popular in theaters across the country.

Candice: And, "Aquaman" leads the way after its opening weekend performance to the tune of sixty-eight million dollars.

Colton: These successes cap a record-breaking 2019 at the box office.

Candice: They also seem to indicate movie theaters are not fading as many experts thought to be happening.

Colton: Movie-ticket revenues are also up for 2018.

Candice: However, these reports come with some dark clouds that portend the longevity of movie theaters may be far from assured.

Colton: One of these concerns is only a few movies lead the box office charge.

Candice: For 2018, it has been ten films out of the more than 700 movies released.

Colton: Animated motion pictures and superhero adventures are keeping the movie industry numbers afloat.

Candice: As an economic indicator, the movie box office only partly exposes the studios' financial health.

Colton: This indicator fails to reflect such factors as marketing and production costs. And, these keep rising yearly.

Candice: In 2017, admissions to America's 41,000 movie theaters dropped to 1.24 billion attendees.

Colton: This was the fewest number of tickets sold since 1995.

Candice: The March 2018 release of "Black Panther" grossed more than 700 million dollars in revenues.

Colton: The third most of all time. This performance was closely followed by "Avenger: Infinity Wars" that grossed 679 million dollars.

Candice: Overall, the American box office set a new record on the strength of these figures, more than 111.38 billion dollars.

Colton: It seems like the movie box office is in good shape headed into 2019.

Candice: Well, that about wraps us up for this edition of Cracker Croakers.

Colton: In that case, smarty-pants, we better say adieu. She's Candice!

Candice: And, he's Colton!

Candice and Colton: And, we invite you to join us again tomorrow for another entertaining edition of Cracker Croakers (Featuring Candice and Colton).

FADE OUT




Buddy, by cleo85, selected to complement by blog entry.

So, thanks cleo85, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my blog entry.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.