Biographical Non-Fiction posted December 28, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
God watches over all His kids

Once Again God Spared My Life

by patcelaw

























The date of March 1, 1988 was one that will remain in my memory for the rest of my life. It was a clear and sunny day in Southern California. I was traveling to a Bible study in the home of a friend. I had left home a bit early to go to a stationary store before the Bible study time. On the way, I was to encounter what could well have meant death to me.

As I was driving, a dog ran in front of my car. I reacted too quickly and stepped hard on the brake. This was in the day when we did not have anti-lock brakes on our car. The brakes locked. Not having my seat belt fastened, I was thrown forward into the windshield, my chest hit the steering wheel with great force. My foot came off the brake pedal and hit the gas pedal causing me to lose control of the automobile. I crossed two lanes of oncoming traffic. I hit the curb on the other side of the roadway which stopped my car. I was told two cars came within inches of crashing into me.

I had been stunned with my head hitting the wind shield but I didn't lose consciousness. When the car stopped, I got out of the car and walked about three steps, then was taken down to the ground by two men, who told me my head was badly cut. They were holding towels to control the bleeding from the head wounds. One wound was about 3 inches in length and the other was about 7 inches across the top front of my head.

In just minutes the fire department which was located about one-fourth of a mile from the accident arrived and tended to me before the ambulance arrived to take me to the hospital.

By the time I arrived at the hospital I realized that my chest hurt badly. Apparently the chest hurt because of being thrown forcefully into the steering wheel.

The first thing which was done for me was to close the head wounds. Then I was taken to x-ray where they found I had seven broken ribs. I was admitted into intensive care for 24 hours then released to a regular hospital room for three days before going home.
When I got home, my dear husband had secured a hospital bed with a monkey bar overhead, so I could pull myself up in bed. This was necessary because the rib injury was too painful for me to get up without the assistance.

I spent five weeks in the hospital bed before I was able to sleep in my regular bed.

As I look back to that time, I can well see how God had taken care of me and prayers for me were answered. Just after the accident, one of the ladies from the Bible study had passed the scene of the accident and she had the ladies at the study pray for me when I didn't show up for the study.

This is just one incident in my life where I can see God spared my life for a purpose. There have been at least eight of these times when my life was spared.


-Patricia Lawrence
12-28-18



Non-Fiction Writing Contest contest entry

Recognized


I did a search on the internet for the photo of the hospital bed with a monkey bar.Word count is 544.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.