General Non-Fiction posted December 17, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Suggestions for improvement

Moving Forward

by Aussie


Eight years ago I didn't have a clue how to write anything. Yes, I had completed two diplomas in creative and romantic writing. Poems were my goal. To be a good poet and know it.

There are a few areas within the FanStory rules and regulations that stop us from moving forward and writing a lot more. Being on the pension forbids me from buying certificates to bolster my work. After all, we DO pay a subscription to FanStory.

I am not at all happy with the FanStory rewards for reviewing. It wouldn't matter if I wrote a hundred words for a review, I still may not receive a membership pump. Nothing has changed over the years as far as rewarding reviewers. The membership pumps are haphazard. I believe we should all get a pump for a decent review. After all, this helps us promote our own work..

Newbies: I have a suggestion regarding helping newbies negotiate the site and improve their writing for contests.

I think seasoned writers would only be too happy to write to a newbie about the problem they are having. It is too hard to read 'how to do it,' much easier to speak to a writer on site. I, for one would be only too happy to help newbies. As would educated writers on the site that have edited my work. This helps to straighten out mistakes and format writing for contests.

It really gets to me when I read work that isn't shown to viewers and 2 cents is paid. Come on, this is ridiculous to me. We don't even have 2 c in our currency. I suggest 10 c as an incentive to read work not promoted.

Brooke (adewpearl) spent all day and into the evening reviewing. Yes, she was top poet and that is how she got her work read. She is a pensioner and not many of you know that. It's not necessary and could be fixed by increasing the membership pumps for EVERY review.

It's time for change, time to update the site otherwise you will lose people that are sick and tired of reviewing just to promote their work. An incentive to review I have mentioned before.

More free contests could be a good thing; not everyone can afford paid contests. I was going to suggest a contest, only to find out it would cost me $5.50. Another way of getting money from those who cannot afford it.

I used to see writing from young people, children who love to write. That fizzled out too. We need to encourage young writers, they are the future. I used to review their work and it was such a pleasure.

I have asked time and time again about change, only to be told 'they are the rules.' We are a big family, not only for writing but friendship. Many of us are disabled/elderly. So, in closing, let's move forward because we are stuck in the past.

"Give a man a pen and teach him for the day; teach him to write... for his lifetime."







Fanstory-Suggestions For 2019 contest entry

Recognized


Self explanatory and thank you Michael for this contest. It is important to change and move forward.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Aussie All rights reserved.
Aussie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.