Spiritual Non-Fiction posted December 12, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A red rose where it shouldn't have been.

A Red Rose

by Brigitte Elko

My daughter passed away tragically and suddenly right after Mother's Day. She was loved and is missed though with us in spirit.
Eight years ago, she presented me with a rose bush that blooms beautifully every year, bright pink roses. It has survived storms, snows, and strong winds. Every year, there are hundreds of bright light pink roses to gaze upon.
Yesterday, her little five year old said, "Grandma, come look."
Look I did. What I saw brought tears and disbelief.
On the highest branch of blooms, there blossomed a bright RED rose. This had never happened before.
I believe it was a gift from my precious daughter from beyond.
I plucked the rose and pressed it in my Bible to keep forever with the belief that one day we will be reunited.
My faith believes she is an angel watching over us and the red rose was a reminder to keep the faith in God's promise.



True Story Contest contest entry


This is a true story that is giving me hope and peace. God's arms are holding my daughter close while she has become a guardian angel for her daughters who miss her as much as I do. Readers, have faith and never forget God loves us!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brigitte Elko All rights reserved.
Brigitte Elko has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.