Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted December 8, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
5-7-5 Artist Contest Entry

M. C. Escher - Mind Blown

by Y. M. Roger


Upside-down around...

Escher’s cerebration art

flouts reality

 



5-7-5 favourite artist writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a three-lined 5-7-5 syllable poem where line one has 5 syllables, line two has 7 syllables and the last line has 5 syllables. The topic is your favourite artist.


Maurits Cornelis Escher (17 June 1898 - 27 March 1972) was a Dutch graphic artist who made mathematically-inspired woodcuts, lithographs, and mezzotints. Despite wide popular interest, Escher was for long somewhat neglected in the art world; even in his native Netherlands; he was 70 before a retrospective exhibition was held. In the twenty-first century, he became more widely appreciated, with exhibitions across the world. His work features mathematical objects and operations including impossible objects, explorations of infinity, reflection, symmetry, perspective, truncated and stellated polyhedra, hyperbolic geometry, and tessellations.


Image: Maurits Cornelis (M. C.) Escher's lithograph entitled 'Relativity'
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.