Supernatural Fiction posted December 3, 2018 Chapters:  ...30 31 -32- 33... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Sins of Chaos/A Novel of the Breedline series

A chapter in the book Sins of Chaos

War Rages/Part Two

by scongrove


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.

Previously . . .

Now that Steven has healed Valkin Steele’s beloved Natasha, of her cancer, in exchange for Abbey, Valkin betrays him and sells her to Cole Decker—a hired tracker that deals in sex trafficking—while the Dr. Kruger arrives from Germany to purchase Steven for his special gifts.

When Valkin Steele makes the deal with Dr. Kruger, the corrupt physician and his hired men prepare to retrieve Steven, who is momentarily unconscious, and stashed inside Steele’s wine cellar. But when Steven awakes, he shifts into his Adalwolf. Before he kills them all, Tim, Alexander, and Drakon bursts in and takes control of the situation. As Dr. Kruger attempts to kill Steven, Tim takes him out while Drakon shifts into his rogue wolf and takes down Marcus in battle.  

Meanwhile, a team of Breedline crusaders and a crew of Special Ops prepare to take down Valkin Steele and everyone involved with his evil corruption. But their main focus is rescuing Steven and Abbey, along with twenty under-aged girls that were sold to Cole Decker.

Now that Cole plans to keep Abbey as his personal pet and take her to Europe with the girls he bought from Valkin Steele, she is desperate to find a way to escape. 
     

Continued . . .

Abbey didn’t hesitate when Cole Decker left her alone, locked inside the small room. She moved to her feet and went to work on the handcuffs that were bound to her wrists. Her hands bled after several attempts to wiggle out of them. In frustration, she finally gave up and sank to her knees.

Oh god . . . Please . . .

Panic, an emotion she was all too familiar with, surged through her body. She knew Cole wasn’t ever going to let her go. As fear closed in on Abbey, an image of Steven came to mind. She tried to bridle the thoughts inside her head by telling herself that he was still alive and soon the Covenant would come to their rescue.  
  
Suddenly, sounds of gunfire and voices shouting outside roused her attention. And then she heard something odd. The sound resembled the high-pitched roar of a black panther, followed by men screaming as if they were being torn apart.

In response, Abbey’s heart pounded in her chest and focus came to her in a rush. The first thing that came to mind was the Theriomorph named Casey who lived among the Breedline.   
  
Just as she got back to her feet, the door sprung open. Abbey cringed when she saw Cole standing in the open doorway. She struggled, straining against the cuffs. With a gun in his grip, he pointed it in her direction. One look into his dark eyes and she knew that now was not the time to push her luck. He was furious, his mouth pressed into a tight line.   

Abbey stiffened as he rushed over and grabbed her arm. “We’re getting the hell out of here,” he said, yanking her forward.

With his hand gripped around Abbey’s arm, Cole forced her to the corner of the room. Before he released her, he glared at her and said in a deep, vicious voice, “If you try anything stupid, I’ll fill your chest full of silver. Do you understand me?”

When she nodded, he dropped his hand and reached into his coat pocket for his cell phone. As Cole initiated a call, Abbey kept her eyes alert, body calm. Ready for the first chance she had to escape.

He ended the call and reached for a small rug on the floor. Abbey watched as he pulled it back and underneath it was some kind of hinged door. It was a secret trap door that led to an exit.   

After he opened the hatch, he flashed the gun in her face and said, “Get moving.”

Before Abbey climbed inside the trap door, a thought came to mind. She had to leave something behind, but the only thing she had was the blood on her wrists. As she stepped down into the dark hole, she smeared it on the edge of the entrance.

“Move faster,” Cole urged.

Abbey glanced over her shoulder at him, and sped up her pace, praying that he was oblivious to what she’d just done. He gave her a look of pure distaste but didn’t say another word. 

****   

Tim looked back at Steven, witnessing the pain on his face after Corbin Azzo had told them Cole Decker had Abbey. 

Oh . . . god. Random thoughts fired through his brain. Cole Decker was a pathetic excuse for a human being. He’d been wanted for years by the FBI for sex trafficking under-aged girls to Europe. Steven panicked. What did he want with Abbey? 

Steven’s mouth thinned into a slash. His impulse was to lash out, and the urge grew stronger as he focused on Corbin and Fredrick. Traitors! He was so enraged over their involvement with Valkin Steel and Cole Decker that he wanted to rip out both their throats, but he kept his hands wound into tight fists.

“Steven, you’ve got to stay focused,” Tim said. “I promise we’ll find her.”

Before he could collect himself and trust himself not to kill Corbin and Fredrick, he ignored Tim and rushed forward, practically mowing him and Alexander down.

As they hung back, like they knew better than to get in his way, Steven stormed out of the cellar in the blink of an eye.

“Shit,” Alexander blurted, turning to go after Steven.

Tim’s eyebrows went up, and he quickly shot his hand out, halting Alexander. “Let him go. There’s nothing we can do to stop him.” Then he waved the weapon he had pointed in Corbin and Fredrick’s direction and said, “Let’s see your hands.”

When they didn’t move fast enough, Drakon’s wolf snapped at them from behind.

Fredrick yelped and shot forward, extending his hands.

Tim reached into the duffle bag he had strapped over his shoulder and retrieved a couple of handcuffs and some rope. He tossed them to Alexander. “Cuff them to the stair railing, and tie up the rest,” Tim said as he looked between Corbin, Fredrick, and then to the three men lying unconscious below the stairs. “We don’t have time to mess with them now. We’ll have to lock them down here and come back later.”

Alexander nodded and handcuffed Corbin and Fredrick. Then, he secured the others with rope as they started to come around.

“If you even think of shifting,” Tim said pointedly, fixing his stare directly toward Corbin, “I’ll make sure it’ll be your last time.”  

Gunshots erupted in the distance, and screaming and the sounds of physical fighting could be heard.

“Kyle . . . Casey,” Tim barked into his radio. “Decker has Abbey. I need you two to check the outside perimeter. Make sure no one leaves this property.”

Only the sounds of static came over the radio as Tim waited for Kyle and Casey to communicate. “Do you read me, over?” Tim raised his voice.

Then suddenly Kyle came over the radio. “Copy that. We’re on it.”

“Roman, do you copy?” Tim continued.

“This is Roman. What’s your status?”

“We found Steven,” Tim told him. “He’s gone after Cole Decker. Do you have Decker’s girls in a secure location?”

But their communication was interrupted by gunfire. Tim went pale as he waited for Roman to comply. And then Lena’s voice came through. “Justice and I have the girls locked down in a safe place. Bull’s going to backup Roman and Lawrence.”

“Get down, Tim!” Alexander yelled, flattening him with a tackle.

Bullets peppered the wall just where Tim’s head had been seconds earlier. Just as Tim looked up, Drakon’s wolf leaped over him and Alexander like he’d been launched from a catapult.

When Drakon landed, a series of bloodcurdling screams roared as he tore into the gunman until the only sounds that could be heard were weapons being fired from the near distance. And then a shadow appeared on the wall ahead, just beyond the open doorway. It was the shadow of an enormous wolf.

Oh hell, Drakon thought. Abandoning the dead human, he reared back on his haunches and peeled back his lips, releasing a feral growl as he waited for his enemy to attack.  
 
As it came into view, Drakon sniffed the air, catching a familiar scent. He eased back in relief when he recognized the creature. It was Colonel Deshazo in his magnificent Breedline form. His thick bristling pelt was the color of a silver gray, and his eyes were as red as a blood moon. Gore dripped from his mammoth jaws like he’d just recently ripped someone apart.

“Well, hello, ladies,” Kid said, making light of the situation as he stood next to the colonel. “I hope we’re not interrupting anything.”

Tim rolled his eyes. Major Lawson was sharp as a tack, extremely intelligent, but he was also a sarcastic asshole who delighted in tormenting his comrades.

Drakon looked away from Kid and focused on the tall shadow moving in close. And then he smelled an overpowering aroma of Turkish tobacco that filled the air.

With a cigar tucked between his lips, Gunny moved forward and flanked Kid and the Colonel. He crossed his arms over his chest. He looked almost bored, except for his eyes. They flickered alertly over the assembled group in silence. Master Sergeant Virgin wasn’t a man of many words, but he always managed to cut to the heart of the matter.

“Jace . . . or should I say ‘the Beast,’ has Steele pinned in the foyer,” Gunny finally said. And then he looked pointedly at Tim and removed the stogie from his mouth, exhaling a plume of smoke. “Jace caught Steele trying to escape. If you want ‘em alive, I suggest you move fast. It doesn’t look good for the bastard.”

“Shit,” Tim rumbled. “Where’s Wyckoff?”

Just as he muttered Major Wyckoff’s name, a bone-chilling shriek of a black panther roared, alerting their attention.

“That would be him,” Gunny pointed out.

“Has anyone seen Jem?” Alexander asked as he came up the stairs. “He’s the only one that can communicate with Jace’s Beast.”

“Yeah,” Kid chimed in with a clear smirk in his voice. “After a little persuading, Jem and his brother had Valkin Steele squealing like a pig. When he finally told them that Decker had taken Abbey, Jem took off to find her.”

As Tim moved to the top of the stairs and stood next to Alexander, he could hear Jace’s Beast. And he didn’t sound happy.

“What the hell caused Jace to turn?” Tim asked Kid.

Kid arched a brow. “Steele shot him in the chest.”

“Damn it!” Alexander bit out. “He’ll tear Steele into pieces.”

“Let ‘em,” Gunny blurted. “Justice will be served.”

Colonel Deshazo focused on Gunny and growled in warning.

Gunny looked down, his stare meeting his colonel’s wolfish scowl. “His pathetic life isn’t worth saving, Colonel D.” His raspy voice dripped with hatred. “And you damn well know it.”

“You’re right, Sergeant Stephen Virgin,” Tim said, using Gunny’s full name. “The son of a bitch isn’t worth pissing on, but we need him alive. Steele has information we need.”

Kid shrugged his shoulders. “What information?”

“Steele was one of Dr. Hans Autenburg’s backers,” Tim said. “He funded his research for years. He could be the only person alive that has knowledge of how to destroy who or what is responsible for all the mass killings in the city.” 

Gunny grumbled under his breath. “So who’s got the balls to go save his ass?”

“I will,” Alexander said as he moved past Tim.

The sound of gunfire and the Beast’s mighty roar, coming from the next room, electrified Alexander and the others.   

Tim opened his mouth to call out to Alexander but was interrupted by a loud crash. Alexander jumped backward as a body, wearing a white suit came smashing through the wall, and flying across the room.

Alexander saw at once that it was Valkin Steele. His face was bloody, and his clothes had been ripped to shreds. A pistol clutched in the palm of his hand had apparently done the poor bastard no good, except piss Jace off. He looked to Alexander, his eyes full of terror, pleading for help. But before Alexander could react, the door to the room exploded inward. Sharp claws tore through the thick wood as if it were tissue paper, then clamped onto Steele’s shoulders. He screamed in agony as he was abruptly hoisted off his feet and slammed against the wall. With murder in his eyes, Jace, in his monstrous Beast form, opened his jaws and roared in Steele’s face. 

Everyone froze in horror, transfixed by the awful display, realizing it was just a matter of time before the Beast ripped out Steele’s throat.

Shit, Alexander cursed silently. Where the hell was Jem?

“Jace!” he called out.

Suddenly, the white Beast dropped Steele from his grasp and spun around on the balls of his feet. And then a sadistic grin twisted his gaping maw as his shimmering eyes caught sight of Alexander.

Listen to me, Jace, Alexander said, desperately trying to use the telepathic link they’d once shared long ago. Please, we need Valkin Steele alive. He may be the only connection we have in destroying the ones responsible for all the human deaths.   
     

A sudden look of confusion crossed the Beast’s malevolent face as Alexander spoke to him telepathically. And then a deep growl rumbled from his chest, whether from acknowledgement or annoyance, Alexander couldn’t tell.

Before the Beast’s anger grew beyond all control, Alexander spoke to him again, pleading with his son that was inside the Beast. Jace, I know you’re in there somewhere. I know you can hear me. Please . . . Alexander continued to try and reason with the Beast. Come back to us, son.   

And then a blast came from ahead, sending a bullet whizzing past the Beast. As it sunk into Alexander’s upper torso, he immediately threw a hand over his chest and dropped to his knees. Blood, bright red and warm, seeped between his fingers. With all his strength, Alexander tried to push himself back to his feet. He collapsed to the floor, too weak to do much more than lie there, staring up at the anger reflected in the Beast’s eyes.

The Beast’s gaze flickered as he watched Tim and the others rush to Alexander, their faces contorted in dismay.

Alexander raised his hand, staring in alarm at the sticky red stain on his palm.

Kid peeled off his shirt and hurriedly placed it over Alexander’s wound.

“Keep pressure on the wound,” Tim directed, looking down at Alexander. “You should heal in no time.”

The Beast continued to stare as emotions stirred within him. Suddenly, he realized someone he cared about had been hurt. Before he turned around, a loud pop blasted again, and the Beast felt something burning his flesh. He didn’t think twice as he wheeled around to the gunman who was about to plow another slug into him.

As the guy shifted into firing position, the Beast hit him like a pile driver, ramming him into the back wall.

A mighty roar split the silence, and Alexander slowly turned toward the noise. The Beast let loose another howl and went after the guy’s throat like a wild animal going after a piece of raw meat.  Good lord, he thought. There wasn’t going to be anything left of the guy. Not even bones.     
 
Something bounced just a few feet and landed in front of Alexander’s feet with a thud. Shit, was that a head?

With another deafening roar, the Beast whirled around as if looking for someone else to tear apart. Finding no other threats, its eyes focused on Valkin Steele who was huddled in a corner, his eyes wide with terror. 
       
“Tim, do you read me?” Justice’s voice came over the radio. He sounded out of breath.

Tim quickly grabbed his radio and cursed under his breath. “This is Tim,” he said in a low voice, keeping his eyes trained on the Beast. “We’re in a bit of a situation, Justice.”

The conversation coming from the radio caught the Beast’s attention. Taking his eyes off Steele, he focused on Tim and tilted his head in confusion.

“It’s Lena,” Justice said grimly. “I’ve lost communication with her. Is she with you?”

Ah hell, Tim said to himself. “No, Justice.” He exhaled slowly. “She’s not with us.”

“Damn it,” Justice cursed. “I’m worried . . .” His voice was cut off. Only the sounds of static came through the radio.

Shit! “Justice, do you copy?” 
    
There was a heartbeat of frozen silence. Then Tim raised his voice, “Justice . . . do you copy?”
         
Tim shook his head, clearly frustrated with the set of circumstances they were facing. Time slowed to a crawl as he battled with a solution. As he took a deep breath, he shifted his eyes toward Gunny and said, “I need you and Kid to go out the back way and locate Justice. Something isn’t right.”

Gunny nodded, and Kid said, “We’re on it.”

When Gunny and Kid slipped out, Tim focused his eyes back on Jace’s Beast.

He was standing over Alexander, and his eyes were glowing white.   
    
 Oh . . . shit. 

“Alexander,” Tim called out in almost a whisper. “Don’t move a muscle.”

The Beast looked up at the sound of Tim’s voice. He turned to Drakon and Colonel Deshazo—both still in wolf form—and positioned itself in an attack stance.

“Don’t bother with them, Jace,” Alexander said calmly. “They’re not a threat to either of us.” 

Everyone stayed back and patiently waited. Hell, if you got too close, you were liable to lose a body part. Jace was in there somewhere, but until he came out again, you couldn’t take the risk that the Beast would remember who you were.

Then the white shaggy creature knelt down next to Alexander. His glowing eyes glimmered and narrowed as Alexander reached out to him. The Beast’s eyes caught sight of the blood running down Alexander’s chest.

“It’s okay, son,” he murmured. “You’re safe now.”

The creature leaned its big head into his hand and heaved a great breath, nostrils quivering as it sniffed. And suddenly, there was a brilliant flash of light, and then Jace miraculously shifted back to his human form. In a weakened state, he swayed side to side until he collapsed forward next to Alexander. He felt like hell every time the Beast came out of him. His arms and legs hung off his torso like heavyweights, not exactly useless, but damn close.

Tim shrugged out of his jacket and draped it over Jace.

“I’m sorry,” Jace croaked.

“It’s okay, son,” Alexander said. “Everything is just fine.”

“Thank you, Alexander.” Jace groaned as he pushed to his feet. He rolled his shoulders back, feeling better already. He felt Tim’s gaze slide over him with an arched brow.

“We need to get you some clothes.”

Jace bared his teeth in a semblance of a smile and shrugged. “I’ll figure something out.”

As Jace left the room, Tim turned away, searching for Valkin Steele and found he hadn’t moved an inch. Steele was huddled in the far corner, with his legs tucked against his body in a fetal position.

“Please, I beg you,” Steele cried out like a coward as Tim moved in his direction. “Do whatever you want to me, but please spare my Natasha. I swear to you, she’s innocent. She’s not involved in any of this.”

Tim looked down at him with a narrowed stare. “I know you took part in funding Dr. Autenburg’s research. We want all the information that has to do with any supernatural creatures he has created. If you agree to help us, I’ll make sure Natasha is kept out of this and taken to a safe place.”

Steele quickly nodded. “I give you my word.” 

To be continued . . .

 




NOTE: This is not part of the chapter. A reference for terms and cast of characters, especially for new readers:

BREEDLINE - A species of humans that have the ability to change from human form into a wolf. They are not like the old legend of the Lycanthropy myth. Breedline species can shift into their wolf at will. The moon has no power over them. They do not pass their ability to other humans with a bite or scratch like the Lycanthropy myth.
The Breedline gene is passed down to offspring that are born identical twins. Although they live among humans, their species must be kept secret.
In wolf form, they have super-strength, speed, and heightened senses. Compared to humans, Breedlines have tremendous advantages when it comes to health. Their bodies heal fast and are not subject to illnesses or diseases. The only thing that slows their healing process is silver. It is their kryptonite. Besides old age, a silver bullet to the brain is the only thing deadly to the species.
All males change into their wolf at the age of eighteen. Females do not go through the change until they make love to their Breedline bonded mate.

BREEDLINE TWINS - Identical twins that are born from either one or both parents of the Breedline species. They have a strong, unbreakable bond from birth, are born with telepathic abilities, and have the power to sense the other's emotions or injuries. In some cases, the bond between twins is so strong that if one dies, the other twin may pass on, especially if they don't have a mate.

BREEDLINE BONDING - The male Breedline spends their life in search of their bonded mate. When the male comes in contact with her, he instantly feels a simultaneous, desirable attraction and she becomes the most important thing in his life. He is there to love, protect, and cherish her until death. Once they are mated, they bond for life. It is possible for them to have more than one mate in their lifespan.

BELOVED - A word used by a Breedline to express the bond to their mate.

DOUBLE BONDED - In some cases, male Breedline twins bond with the same female but one will carry a stronger bond. Usually one of them must sacrifice for the other twin.

BREEDLINE COVENANT - The Breedline species must live within the boundaries of a Covenant, which is only formed with their species. The Covenant is governed and ruled by a head council. The council keeps their laws in order and oversees the species population.

THE BREEDLINE QUEEN - Over centuries, the Breedline Covenant is ruled by a true queen. If there is no queen living, the Covenants are governed by an appointed head council until another one is born. A Breedline queen is born once every one hundred years. Her massive stature, black fur, and red eyes are the queen's trademarks. Her alpha wolf has twice the strength, speed, and size of any Breedline. The queen is expected to rule over all the Breedline Covenants where she will be respected and obeyed by all Breedline. This is their absolute True Law.

THE QUEEN'S RING - This ring has been passed down to all Breedline queens for generations. When the new queen places the ring on, it instantly shifts in size to fit her finger.

TRUE LAW - All Breedline Covenants have an ancient book of laws. If either sex disobeys the Breedline laws, they can be shunned, or no longer protected by their Covenant. If a Breedline takes another life out of revenge, or evil - other than protecting their life, and the life of another - they will never have the ability to shift back into human form and cast out as a rogue wolf.

ROGUE WOLF - A Breedline shunned by their Covenant for taking another life out of revenge or evil and forced to live as a wolf until death without the ability to change into human form again. Some rogue wolves form into packs, which can be dangerous for other Breedline species.

RED (BLOOD) MOON - When the full moon passes through the amber shadow of the earth, producing a midnight eclipse visible across North America. So begins a lunar eclipse tetrad, a series of four consecutive total eclipses occurring at approximately six-month intervals. This incredible light beams into the heart of earth's shadow, filling it with a coppery glow and transforming the moon into a great red orb. During this time, all Breedline species that are mated have a strong desire to create an offspring. This is also a time when Breedline females are more fertile for the conception of twins.

CHIANG-SHIH DEMON (Kiang shi, a.k.a. Ramael Arminius) - An ancient demon that inhabits the body of a Breedline fetus before it's born or during a Breedline's death. It continues to take the soul over the natural lifespan of the child, or the deceased Breedline. When the demon possesses a fetus, it breaks the bonding and telepathic abilities of their twin when they are born. If the demon possesses a deceased Breedline's body, it must do so before the soul passes on. If the soul is not intact, the body will soon die.
In most cases, the Chiang-Shih demon will take the life of the other twin, even before their birth. The twin that is born with the demon will bring only evil to whomever they encounter. Their sole purpose is to gain full control of another soul and seek world domination.
There are two ways the demon is cast from the soul it possesses: by its first-born son, and the Angel of Mercy, Zadkiel. The Beast is the only one who can kill a Chiang-Shih demon.

THE BEAST - He is the second born son of the Chiang-Shih demon. When provoked into a rage, he will shift into his Beast instead of his Breedline wolf. The Beast is an enormous, dangerous two-footed creature that has wolf like features. One bite has enough venom to kill the Chiang-Shih demon and leave the soul of the person the demon possessed unharmed.

SHADOW WALKER (a.k.a. Shadow Figure, or Black Mass) - The perception of a patch of shadow as a living, humanoid figure, particularly interpreted by the Breedline as the presence of a malevolent entity. When a Breedline species dies and does not pass on to the other side, they are left to roam the earth as a shadow of themselves - a ghost. They will not pass on until they have settled unfinished business before their death.

ZADKIEL (Tzadqiel, a.k.a. 'Righteousness of God') - The archangel of freedom, benevolence, and mercy, and the patron angel of all who forgives. Breedline species tradition considers him to be the Angel of Mercy.

SUCCUBUS (a.k.a. CREEPERS) - Creatures that search for and feeds off the blood of the Breedline species. Creepers are skilled at extreme sexual pleasure, and the ecstasy they create is exceedingly intense and highly addictive. They cast off a scent that hypnotizes Breedlines into overwhelming sexual urges. They use their human-like bodies and beautiful features to control and influence their thoughts.
They have the ability to reach into the Breedline's mind during sleep, casting a spell of dreams about sexual contact or intercourse. One much less obvious manifestation of Creepers is nightmares - realistic, graphic, terrifying nightmares that rob the Breedline of sleep. Over a period, it can lead to severe fatigue and depression, leaving them emotionally and spiritually drained. Death can occur if they ultimately take over the Breedline's body.

HALF-BREED - This species is born with the genes from both Breedline and succubus. They can bond with either a full-blood Breedline or another half-breed. They cannot change into the Breedline wolf, but they do need blood from them to survive. With the power to hypnotize, most Breedlines have minimal respect and credence toward the half-breed species.

WICCA (or Wise One) - According to the Breedline species, a Wicca is the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts, and necromancy. A Wicca is also considered to be a demonic spirit. It is unclear to the Breedline if they act under the orders of the devil, or they are simply not understood and treated as outcasts. They can do white magic (good) or dark (evil).

KATAKO (a.k.a. Lucas or Dark Shadow) - He is the Chiang-Shih demon's offspring that is born both Breedline and Wiccan. After one year, the Katako develops into an adult with the mind of a child, without reaching full maturity. It has the power to appear translucent, or become completely invisible. Being born half-Breedline, it can shift into a wolf and transform, or mimic another creature with the power to instantly travel from one place to another. Their true purpose of creation is to bring forth the souls stuck in purgatory by using one drop of its blood. Tessa Fairchild - the Breedline queen - destroyed the Katako in battle using the deadly venom of her Breedline wolf.

GOLEMS (a.k.a. the Death Army) - Evil creatures created by dark Wiccans with the power of necromancy. By releasing the souls of demons stuck in purgatory, the Wicca can give them the ability to shape into a creature that is made from earth. These creatures have various qualities, such as mass strength, enormous stature, and the power to consume their victims by saturating them with mud.

GUARDIANS (a.k.a. Spirits of the Forest) - They originated during the Middle Ages with the purpose of protecting all creatures, especially the Breedline, from the destruction of any creation made by a dark Wicca. They can stay invisible with the power to move through any barrier and over any distance instantly.

THERIOMORPH - This species is born with the genes of a Breedline, but cannot change into a Breedline wolf. They shape shift into an enormous black panther. They possess powers of mind manipulation and random visions of the future. They must use the drug dopamine to suppress their urges. Their eye color shifts into a bright lavender when their Theriomorph nature takes over. The Breedline see them as a threat to their species.

ADALWOLF - A species that has the power to shift from their human form into a beautiful creature, twice the size, resembling half man and half wolf. Born with super-strength, they can move from one place to another in supernatural speed. Their eyes take on the appearance of two shimmering diamonds. With the power to regenerate their own cells, an Adalwolf will stop aging at thirty. The moon has no power over them. An Adalwolf is immune to silver. They can bond with any species.

LUPA - The ancestors descended from the old legend of the lycanthrope, except the moon has no power over them and it cannot be passed on to others like a virus. It is passed on through genetics to the female offspring, known as a she-wolf. This type of creature shape-shifts into a therianthropic hybrid wolf-like creature, and is considered dangerous... cursed.

Jace Chamberlain (a.k.a. the Beast) - He is a Breedline species and later discovers his birth father - who is possessed by the Chiang-Shih demon - murdered his mother when he and his twin brother were four years old. Raised by their new foster family and their Uncle Jacks, he later discovers he was born with a curse of the Beast. With the help of his twin brother, Jem, and his bonded mate, Tessa, they help him cope with his rage to keep the Beast at bay. He's an IT engineer and is the lead singer and plays acoustic guitar in the band Chaos.

Jem Chamberlain (a.k.a. the Chosen Son) - He is a Breedline species and Jace's twin brother. He carries the gene of the Chiang-Shih demon that gives him the power to create a portal and a force of electric energy used as a weapon and other powers he discovers later. His bonded mate is Mia Blackwood. He's an IT engineer and the drummer in the band Chaos.

Alexander Crest - He is a Breedline who was possessed by the Chiang-Shih demon before birth. Murdering his family, Alexander kidnapped his twin's bonded mate, Katlyn Gray. Keeping her prisoner against her will, she becomes pregnant with his twins. As she managed to escape before she gave birth, Alexander eventually kills her in a fit of rage. Returning for his chosen son twenty-two years later, he is determined to convince him to join his army. After the battle between the Breedline, the demon is finally cast out of Alexander, setting his soul free. For the demon's past crimes, Alexander is pardoned and must reside in the Breedline Covenant. Praying for forgiveness, he reunites with his twin sons, Jace and Jem. As he fights to keep his new family safe, romance blossoms with Dr. Helen Carrington.

Tim Ross - He is a Breedline species and head council of the California Covenant. Angel, his bonded mate - who is a half-breed - has Tim's daughter they named Natalie, after her sister.

Kyle Jones - He is a Breedline species that resides in the California Covenant. Having lost his family to a house fire at childhood, his Uncle Tim Ross has raised him since. Celina Baldolf is his bonded mate. He's a mechanic and also Jace and Jem's close friend, and plays bass in the rock band Chaos.

Casey Barton - He was born of the Breedline species, and lives in the California Covenant. He was adopted by Tim Ross's brother and carries a deep dark secret, afraid to reveal to the Breedline he was born a Theriomorph. He is a clothing model and plays backup bass and keyboards in the band Chaos.

Drakon Hexus - He is a Breedline species. At a young age, his first bonded mate was killed by her father. In a rage, he hunts and kills her murderer, breaking the Breedline's True Law. Shunned by his Covenant and forced to live as a rogue wolf, he's promised his humanity back if he joins the Chiang-Shih demon's army. After Drakon discovers the demon's plans to destroy all humans and half-breeds, he betrays him and joins forces with the Breedline. As time passes, he bonds with another mate, Cassie Chamberlain.

Fredrick Mercier - He is a Breedline and Samuel Mercier's identical twin. Also, he's a council member from France that has secretly turned against the Covenant to help the Chiang-Shih demon.

Corbin Azzo - He is a Breedline and a council member that has turned against the Covenant to help the Chiang-Shih demon.

Steven Pasquale (a.k.a. Steven Craven) - He inherited the genes of a Breedline and an Adalwolf. He was taken from his mother and forced to endure a life of endless, painful experiments by two German physicians, Dr. Hans Autenburg and Dr. Hubert Crane. Without the knowledge of his real family, Steven finally manages to escape his captors, locating his biological parents and his fraternal twin, Tessa Fairchild.

Abbey (a.k.a. Abigail Winthrop) - She inherited the genetics of a Lupa from her mother, who died giving birth. Captured by Dr. Hans Autenburg - a German physician - she spent most of her life forced to endure experiments until she finally managed to escape. With no place to go, Abbey is determined to finally reunite with her beloved Steven after they were separated years ago.

Roman Kincaid - He is an Adalwolf trained in military tactics, hired as a special breed of warriors from Brazil. Hired as a bodyguard for Valkin Steele - a billionaire funding a group of unethical scientists research - he later learns of Steele's underground sex-trafficking and illegal drug and weapons trade, and informs the Breedline Covenant. He also forms a team of Breedline soldiers who work for a private Special Ops group contracted by the military for missions that no one else can or will do to help put an end to Valkin Steele's corrupt organization.

Lawrence Colbert - A Breedline council member of the New Jersey Covenant, trained in military tactics and as a medic who worked alongside Roman Kincaid, the Special Ops Team, and the Breedline Covenant to help take down Valkin Steele.

Lena - She is a Breedline, highly trained in survival skills, martial arts, and anything dealing with weapons, hand-to-hand combat, and hired by Roman Kincaid to help take down Valkin Steele. She oddly resembles the character Xena the Warrior Princess from the 80's television series. She is also Bull's little sister and is bonded to Justice.

Bull (a.k.a. Benjamin Allen Calvero ) - He is a Breedline, highly trained and an expert in a variety of military tactics who is part of Roman Kincaid's team. He gets his nickname because of his size.

Justice - He is a Breedline, highly trained in military tactics, an expert with explosives, hand-to-hand combat, sniper training, and a pilot, who is part of Roman Kincaid's team.

Breedline Special Ops Team - Colonel Brian Deshazo (a.k.a. Colonel D), Major Paul Wyckoff, (a.k.a. Dark Wraith), Major Joshua Lawson (a.k.a. Kid), Master Sergeant Stephen Virgin (a.k.a. Gunny). They are hired by the Breedline Covenant to help put a stop to Valkin Steele and his corrupt organization.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. scongrove All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
scongrove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.