Fantasy Fiction posted November 26, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
There is a UFO in the Forest.

Oh No....It is a UFO

by mermaids


Hazel Hummingbird flits over to Mo the chimp. The tiny wings flap nervously, she is peeking into Mo's ear. Mo attempts to wipe her away but she is too fast and just flits backwards. They face each other.

"Look...look! We are being invaded by a weirdo!" Hazel's voice is small and sqeaky. Mo scratches his head.

"What's your problem, little bird. Boy, are you tiny?"

Mo communicates with sign language. Hazel understands sign language. She is a brilliant hummingbird.

"I do not have a problem. There is a UFO landing in the forest. Look! Don't look at me! Look at the thing landing!"

Mo gazes up and blinks his eyes.

"That is just a large fluffy cat. We had one at the sanctuary I escaped from. Calm down. I like cats."

Off in the distance a drone descends and a fluffy Persian cat is attached by straps to it. He appears to be taking pictures. His cellphone camera clicks away.

Hazel is frustrated. "I told you, that is a UFO. Unidentified Fluffy Object."

Mo continues to blink his eyes. "Yes, he is certainly fluffy and large."

The flying Unidentified Fluffy Object flies towards the chimp and the hummingbird. As he becomes closer, Mo begins to panic.

"Ohhhhhh......his hands move fast in sign language. I know this cat. This is Giddles. He has been sent out to find me. Why they chose him, I do not know. He is as dumb as a rock."

Hazel faces Mo. "I think the drone is in charge, Giddles is taking the pictures."

Mo backs away and runs off into the forest. He is followed by Giddles flying attached to the drone.

Mo is chased back to the sanctuary and has settled in the middle of the replica of the African jungle when Hazel arrives to talk to him.

"So, you are back at the sanctuary."

The chimp nibbles a plant leaf.

"Yes, here I am. I was given a homecoming party and the people who take care of me were weeping. They gave me a huge dinner and played my favorite music."

"Is that UFO around?"

"Yes, he just meowed for fish and catnip and returned to staring at himself in the mirror. What a prissy puss. He never worked a day in his life. Taking the pics of the forest and us, must have wore him out."

"Can I come visit you? There are feeders all around here anyways. I may as well come and chat."

Mo grins and waves his hands.

"Why not, The more the merrier. This is a weird place, but I am glad to be back. You are too tiny, but I like you. We can make fun of Gidldes."



Recognized

Club entry for the "Animals/Pets" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. mermaids All rights reserved.
mermaids has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.