General Non-Fiction posted November 22, 2018 Chapters:  ...16 17 -18- 19... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A short story

A chapter in the book Holiday and Holyday Poetry

Thanksgiving Meditation

by dovemarie


Merci. Gracias. Grazie. Efharisto. Orkun. French, Spanish, Italian, Greek, and Khmer ways to say "Thank you." We have all learned to say "thank you" in our very early years. I was 9 years old and I went to a woman's house on Halloween, saying "Trick or treat," and she invited me in and gave me some candy. I said "Thank you," and she said "You're the only child so far tonight who has said Thank you. Tell your Mommy you're a good girl."
I went to Catholic Mass today, and we were reminded that Eucharist, another word for the Mass, is derived from the Greek for Thank you. I thank everyone for giving me 3 or 4 Thanksgiving dinners in recent years. I thank my friends for driving me to the club for the recovering mentally ill today, Nov. 22, 2018. I thank the club for making us free Thanksgiving dinner. There are so many things to be thankful for, I can't count them. I thank the publishing company for publishing my poem for $100.00 check that they sent me. Thank all my Fan Storian friends for being there to give me strength, encouragement, education, opinions, and constructive criticism when I need them most.




I thank all of you on this Thanksgiving Day, and I wish we could all still be like the pilgrims and Indians who had Thanksgiving Dinner together, celebrating it for three days! It would be really something if the USA, other countries, and a terrorist group got together for a Thanksgiving meal. Thanks to helvi2 for artwork.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by helvi2 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dovemarie All rights reserved.
dovemarie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.