Fantasy Poetry posted November 13, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
We've all had one of those days...

How Embarrassing!

by Y. M. Roger


Tripped on a rainbow

Fell headlong into a cloud


Oh, graceful heavens!

 



5-7-5 writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a 5-7-5 Poem! This is a poem with only three lines. The catch is there is a strict syllable count. The first line has 5 syllables, second 7, third 5 again. See an example and details in the announcement.


Iridescent clouds, known as "fire rainbows" or "rainbow clouds," occur when sunlight diffracts off water droplets in the atmosphere. The cumulus cloud, boiling upwards, pushes the air layers above it higher and higher. As the air gets pushed upwards, it expands and cools. And sometimes moisture in that air suddenly condenses into tiny droplets to form a cap cloud. The cap, which scientists call a "pileus", is the source of the brilliant spectacle. The droplets in the cap cloud scatter sunlight to form the gorgeous colors.

Photo and summary from National Geographic (nationalgeographic.com)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.