Spiritual Non-Fiction posted November 13, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Love has more than one tactic

Arguing With The Enemy

by Deniz22




QUESTION:



Who was Jesus speaking to in John 8:44-45?






ANSWER:

Jesus Christ's main mission in His first coming was to present Himself to the nation Israel as their Messiah and King.

While many of the general populace believed on Him, the leadership, by and large, rejected His claims for no good reason other than self-interest.

He fulfilled all the prophetic signs given hundreds of years before by both Moses and the Prophets.

These "teachers" of the Law were inexcusably hostile and resistant to Jesus, the Son of the Living God.

So Jesus is speaking sharply to the leaders, as those held more accountable before God than the common people, who incidentally, 'heard Him gladly'.

This popularity of His among the rank and file, only helped fuel the leaders' outrageous unbelief by adding jealousy to the darkness of their hearts.

Oddly, they held ordinary Jews in contempt, proud of their own learning and status as 'Holy men', and yet sought the approval of those they viewed as ignorant sinners!

How like the Devil, proud imposter of Christ, and small wonder as he is their true leader, and he is bound for Hell.

Christ speaks bluntly here to wake these evil men up, as He loves His enemies, and is not willing that any should perish.

"You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do.

He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him.

When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it." John 8:44,45 NKJV




John 8:24 New King James Version (NKJV)
24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.

This warning from Christ is as relevant today for all as the day Christ first uttered it.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.