General Fiction posted November 8, 2018 Chapters:  ...13 14 -15- 16... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Bea and Sweet Puppy survive the storm

A chapter in the book Be Wee With Bea

A Reason for Rainbows

by Liz O'Neill



Background
For those just tuning in, Timothy, the beaver, introduced me to Bea the wee bear. I met her dear handsome friend Scruffles the Raccoon Cat and also Willow and Sweet Puppy. Now join them in a storm.
Terrified when she saw lightning, Sweet Puppy knew a terrible boom was coming. Bea got them situated into the farthest corner of the cave. The only problem was that neither of them could know when the next terrible boom would come. They just sat there clinging to each other.

Every once in a while, Sweet Puppy just had to peek out of the cave opening to see if there were any flashes of lightning but would run right back, shaking. Just before Bea had time to do her talk to the maker of lightning exercise, a loud terrible boom made the whole cave shake. She had wanted to keep Sweet Puppy and herself safe. She had also included Scruffles even though he didn't seem to be phased one bit by any of this.

He was actually sitting at the mouth of the cave. It was almost eerie to see his calm silhouette against the lit up forest. He definitely was no help. Bea wanted someone to share in the trauma. She guessed it would always be just her and Sweet Puppy who would be cowering in the safest, darkest corner of the cave.

She sat there shaking, with her "if only's" and "why's" and "no it can't be's". Doing her notice exercise, she realized she was feeling very young as if the tree had just come down on her cave again. She felt she was right back there with the dirt covering her head. Her eyes were so tightly shut that she didn't see that Sweet Puppy was struggling against her clutching so tightly.

When she let up on her grip, her thoughts went to her great need for her "be-good-to-myself'' treat. If only she could get to it. She'd have just a little. Then, everything would be all better.

With doubts creeping in, she questioned her ability to keep anyone safe. But she knew that even though her fears were growing she wasn't sure she could stand the buzzing of the fifty bees flying around inside her; she had to do her talk to the maker of lightning exercise.

She didn't know if the maker of thunder was the same as the maker of lightning, but she was pretty sure it was. So she did her talk to the maker of everything exercise. Then after a few quiet minutes, she heard a nice comforting hum in the air of busy bees making honey and she realized things would be okay.

For some reason, she knew that they could go back outside and maybe even see a rainbow. Scruffles was already sniffing the fresh air and had begun sunning himself to dry off. She did her notice exercise and saw that there was not just one rainbow but a double rainbow with all the colors so clear.

After doing her brain exercise, Bea had to admit that the maker of rainbows would not have been able to put that beautiful gift in the sky, wrapped in a double-striped ribbon, without the help of thunder, lightning, rain and most importantly, the sun.




My thanks to GreatDogPhotos for the perfect picture of the double rainy rainbows

This book is now available in paperback and on Kindle on Amazon, and other venues. Even more, can be learned on www.beweewithbea.com. Bea invites you to journey with her.
https://youtu.be/bWF-y05e860


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Liz O'Neill All rights reserved.
Liz O'Neill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.