Humor Fiction posted November 6, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A bride in need is a bride indeed!

Urgent Request for a Wedding Dress

by Sally Law


"Good afternoon, how may I help you?"

"Hello, my name is Sally. I bought a beautiful gown here a few months ago...a vintage Victorian gown for my wedding this evening."

"Oh yes, yes...Miss Thompson?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Is there a problem with the wedding dress, dear?"

"Nothing that is your doing, ma'am. But...I am in need of a new wedding gown."

"New gown...for tonight?"

"Yes. I'm in a real bind. I will take anything you have in my size, anything at all. Size 8."

"May I ask what happened to your vintage gown? It was so lovely as I remember!"

"Was lovely, yes, and so very beautiful. My cat, appropriately named Catzilla, ate the hem and train. He died shortly thereafter."

"Oh my...cat ate your wedding dress...that is just the worst thing I have ever heard in my life!"

"It is the worst thing I have ever heard of too, and I am the bride-to-be! Anyway, can you help me?"

"Oh yes, you poor dear! I have the perfect dress! I will be right back."

"Thank you, ma'am, you are so kind."

"Here we go, a size 8 and it looks like maybe we won't need to hem it since you are so tall."

"Yes, I am blessed that way."

"Would you like to try it on?"

"How many do you have in my size?"

"Probably four total in the store."

"I'll buy all four to go. I will bring back the others when I make my selection at the church. My wedding is in one hour!"

"Charge them to your account?"

"Absolutely!"



Dialogue Only Writing Contest contest entry

Recognized


Photo is my own. My husband Jack and I on our wedding day, 1975.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sally Law All rights reserved.
Sally Law has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.