Supernatural Fiction posted November 4, 2018 Chapters:  ...26 27 -28- 29... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Sins of Chaos/A Novel of the Breedline series

A chapter in the book Sins of Chaos

The Darkness Unleashed

by scongrove


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.

Note from the author:  For those following my Breedline adventures, it was important for me to bring in Sebastian's childhood past and let you know why he turned to the dark side. He was born with innocence, but shuned by his biological mother, hated and tortured by his step-father and half-siblings. When he finally found his real father, he used Sebastian. And the only family he'd known was taken away. 

Sebastian is one of my dearest characters. I guess you could say . . . he is my alter-ego. Like myself, his childhood was not exactly the best. It was filled with many tragedys. I believe we are a product of our environment, but our past does not define who we are today. We all have free will . . . the will to change. And I truly have faith that God gives second chances, even to the biggest sinners. Remember, my stories always have a light at the end.
Thank you for reading.   
      
Previously . . .


After Sebastian refused to hand over his son to Lucifer, he becomes trapped in a state of unconsciousness and forced to face the forgotten trauma of his childhood. As the dreadful memories continue to taunt his sanity, Sebastian is faced with something he tried desperately to erase forever from his memory . . . the horrible truth of his dark side.


Continued . . .

The click of a lock coming from the boy’s locker room door alerted Sebastian. When he spun around, three tall figures instantly appeared from around the corner, dressed in black, with hoods covering most of their facial features. Sebastian’s quick moment of conscious awareness hit him hard as he remembered this particular nightmare of his childhood past.

These were big guys, and they were gunning for a weak target. The day Sebastian turned sixteen his step-father had sent his son, Edward, and two of his thuggish friends for another routine visit of relentless torture. Their purpose was to compel physical harm upon him when he was alone and defenseless.

“This is where it all happened,” Lucifer said as he suddenly appeared, standing in front of Sebastian. “I remember it just like it was yesterday.” A cold smile twisted his ruthless lips. “Your transition was a beautiful thing to witness. It was like watching a caterpillar transform into a butterfly. You became my perfect disciple.”

Sebastian got in his face and snarled. “You’ll never break me.”

Lucifer put his finger on Sebastian’s chest, his nail digging into his skin. “The day your transition began, you handed your soul over to me on a silver platter. You had a choice. You threw away the light inside your heart and replaced it with darkness.” 
      
Meanwhile, Edward and the other two followed the steam that led them to the far end of the locker room, where they heard the hush of a running shower.

Sebastian ran after them to stop his half-brother. As he reached out to grab him, his hand passed through Edward’s arm. Sebastian was like a ghost in the room, invisible to everyone around him.  
 
“Nothing you do will change the past,” Lucifer said. “But I can. Give me what I want, and I’ll change your destiny.”

“Go to hell,” Sebastian spat.  

“Where’s that little bitch?” Edward called out, his voice echoing, drowning out Sebastian’s outburst.

Edward looked over his shoulder when he heard the faucet squeak and the sound of water cut off.

As they crowded outside the shower stall, Edward grabbed the curtain and ripped it off the pole.

“Hello, asshole,” he bit out, glaring inside the shower with hatred and disgust. “It’s time to pay up, bitch.”

As Sebastian stood back in the shadows, he watched in horror as a dark-haired, pale-skinned naked boy stumbled back into the wet tile. He was a teenager trapped inside a child’s body, surrounded, with no place to hide.

God, he was so thin, he looked emaciated, Sebastian thought. It was like looking into a crystal ball of his past and watching his younger self. Except now, he knew the truth. Sebastian couldn’t mature because his step-father kept his need for Breedline blood a secret. He’d paid the school to turn a blinds eye, and to keep Sebastian starved. William Montgomery feared Sebastian’s true nature of his half-breed species. 
   
As they surged forward, Edward was the first one to nail him square in the face. The boy’s head swung to the side, and the force threw him off balance. When he landed on his hands and knees, clubs pummeled his shoulders and back. He lunged and caught one of them by both ankles. The guy tried to step forward, but the boy kept a tight grip, creating a shift in his gravity. Fortunately, when the guy went down, he fell into his buddy and took him with him.

Edward kicked the boy in the side, nailing him directly in the kidneys. As he arched in pain, the second kick landed to the underside of his chin, rattling his teeth. Another hit landed on the left side of his temple, and suddenly lights flashed inside his head like the Fourth of July. Before he could clear his vision, he was slammed against the tile wall and held in place.

“I’m going to teach you a lesson you’ll never forget,” Edward rasped as he unfastened his jeans.

At that moment, Sebastian’s younger-self knew what was about to go down. He just shook his head as tears filled his eyes. No, not this . . . Please help me, God.  

When Edward moved closer, the terrified frail boy in Sebastian suddenly left his body and was replaced by a caged animal. Something evil crept inside Sebastian and entered his body as if a ghost had stepped into his skin. He felt his gums stretch and throb as sharp fangs protruded inside his mouth. From out of nowhere, he let out a hiss that sounded like a cobra and found the strength to break loose. Like a rabid dog, he sprang forward and bit Edward in the throat. As he pulled away, flesh tore free and blood spurted like a geyser.

Edward dropped to his knees and clutched his hand to his throat, gasping for air, desperate to stop the flow. But it did no good. The blood continued to pour in an endless river, coating the floor red.

The two other guys froze in their tracks, their legs paralyzed in place.

The young version of Sebastian stood above Edward, panting. At first, he savored the blood on his lips, then down in his gut, an all-powerful wave filling him up from the inside, giving him strength he’d never known before. A hunger swirled in his belly, and he knew what he needed. As he caught the sweet scent of Edward’s Breedline blood, instinct rose like a beast. Sebastian bared his fangs and roared.

Edward’s buddies didn’t move an inch; their eyes popped wide with panic.

With the cunning skills of a natural killer, he grabbed Edward by the neck and dragged him to his tingling canines. He bit hard and sucked deep, the fountain of his half- brother’s life giving him the strength that his body needed. Sebastian started transforming as the blood flowed down his throat. His body stretched and grew from the frail shape of a small boy to the height of six four. 
  
As Sebastian dropped Edward’s lifeless body onto the blood-soaked floor, he raised his head and looked down his body or . . . someone’s body. Bracing himself against the wall with his hand, he brought the other one close to his face. His wrist was thick as his calf once had been, and his palm was as big as his head. When he stood straight, his vantage point was different, and everything seemed smaller. Even the ceiling was shorter. When he looked down, he stared at a pair of size-fourteen feet. His transition came from out of nowhere and changed everything in a heartbeat. It was fate’s version of revenge.  

For some reason, the images of his half-brother unfastening his pants flashed inside his head. Bastard! No matter what happened as a result of what he’d done to Edward, he wouldn’t change a thing. Edward had always been a bastard and tormented Sebastian for years. But this? No, he wouldn’t change a thing about what he’d done. He was glad Edward was dead.

“You’re going down for this, freak.”

The slick tile squeaked as Sebastian pivoted around when the sound of an irritating voice brought him back to focus.

The other guy pointed at Sebastian. “Do you realize what you’ve done? Mr. Montgomery will have your head on a pole.”

Sebastian’s upper lip curled into a snarl as he glared at them with hatred burning in his eyes. As he moved in closer, he sized up both guys and realized that he was bigger than both of them by a good four inches.

“Shit,” the first guy whispered as he looked up at Sebastian.

Shit was right.  

Sebastian stepped in front of the guy, going face-to-face and bared his fangs. He said nothing, just looked down at him. When a low growl came from the other guy, Sebastian’s yellow eyes focused in his direction. 

As he stared into Sebastian’s eyes, his face started to change. His skin darkened, turning a mottled shade of gray. A mane of coarse fur sprouted from his head and neck, then spread across his body and limbs, which themselves lengthened and grew larger in a matter of seconds. His hooded sweatshirt and jeans came apart at the seams as he shifted into his Breedline wolf. Clawed feet shredded his leather shoes, and his fists curled into paws.

Sebastian couldn’t believe his eyes. He’d never seen a Breedline turn.

“You’re no match for a Breedline,” the first guy said. “My buddy here is full-blooded. He’s going to rip you into tiny pieces.” 

A canine muzzle protruded from the guy’s face, and a mouth full of jagged incisors came into view as he threw back his head to release a roar.

With a fury, Sebastian reached up and grabbed the metal curtain rod from the concrete wall. Realizing that he had not a second to spare, he sprung forward and shoved it deep into the opening of the bastard’s gullet. Instead of a howl, a gurgling sound came from its throat.

Sebastian’s face froze into an icy mask, rage burning in his blood. He was no longer the terrified small boy that once shared this body.  
 
The other guy cowered on the floor and pissed himself. He looked up at Sebastian and blinked in surprise. What? How? Although he was born with the genetics of a Breedline—similar to his buddy Edward—he did not have the power to shift into a wolf. The gift was only passed down to a Breedline that was born with an identical twin. And he too was born a fraternal twin.

Sebastian hesitated for only an instant before he grabbed the guy—who reeked of urine—by the throat with one hand and squeezed. His neck snapped, nearly severing his head from his shoulders. When he released his grip, the guy’s lifeless body crumpled to the ground.  
    
After Sebastian had taken a shower to wash off all the blood, he rummaged through the lockers for clothes that would fit his new body. He’d searched for what seemed like hours, and finally, he found a pair of jeans and a T-shirt. Unfortunately, he wasn’t lucky enough to find a pair of shoes. He’d just have to go barefoot. But it didn’t matter; he wasn’t leaving on foot. He had his half-brother’s car keys to the brand-new BMW parked outside. It wasn’t like Edward was going to be driving it anytime soon, considering his circumstances of being dead and all. Besides, he’d need a ride to his step-father’s estate. Sebastian had loose ends. Taking out the rest of his rotten family was his way of tying up those loose ends. 

When night fell hours later, Sebastian—who was still invisible to everyone around him—suddenly found himself standing outside the iron gates that led up to his step-father and mother’s estate. As he stood there, he wondered why he was brought here. Did Lucifer bring him here to witness another horrible memory from his past? Maybe the reason was to watch the younger version of himself seek revenge against his family.   
 
As he worried about what he was about to face, the past came back to haunt him. This was where Eliza—the only person that came close to being a mother to him—had been murdered in cold blood at the hands of his biological mother. And his step-father had sent his sister Anna away to live in a women’s monastery. Sebastian wondered if Anna had suffered the way he had all these years.   

“You better hurry,” said a seething voice. “You don’t want to miss the best part.”

Sebastian turned and looked behind him. It was Lucifer, still taking the form of his dead twin brother, Thomas.

“Why did you bring me back here?” Sebastian queried as he looked back up at the house he despised. Lights glowed in the windows made of stained glass, and inside, he could see people moving around.

“Let’s just say it’s a little gift from me to you,” Lucifer drawled. “This is one memory I promise you won’t regret reliving.”  

Before Sebastian could utter a word, his body magically moved to a different place. He was now standing outside the mansion’s front door. Oddly, it was wide open. When he stepped into the foyer, drops of blood stained the polished white marble and made a trail that led to the formal dining room. Sebastian froze when he heard a woman scream. He recognized the voice. It was Sibyl, his biological mother.

“Hurry,” Lucifer urged, nudging Sebastian’s shoulder. “You’re going to miss it.”

Sebastian almost tripped over his own feet as he stumbled onward. When he rounded the corner, his knees nearly buckled as he faced the dining room. His mouth opened, but he couldn’t find the words. Limp and shaky, he could barely stand. Oh, god . . . so much blood.

His slaughtered family sat around the dining table with their throats cut. It looked as if they were about to eat dinner. Smack-dab in the middle of the table, Edward’s head was lying on a serving platter, staring out of glassy dead eyes.

Lucifer shook his head and exhaled. “What a masterpiece.”

Sebastian pounded his fist into the wall. “Shut the hell up . . . or I swear I’ll cut your damn tongue out!”

Lucifer rolled his eyes. “Geez, I was trying to give you a compliment.” 
  
“I remember,” Sebastian said hoarsely. “I did all this. I killed them.”

“You should have seen your step-father’s face when you came in with Edward’s head. It was priceless. And your mother,” Lucifer chuckled. “She cried out when you killed your step-sister, Camille. But she screamed the loudest when she watched you cut your step-father’s throat.”

Sebastian tried to stop the memory from replaying in his head. Before he threw up on the table, he shoved Lucifer to the side, bent over, and heaved on the floor.

“I feel like . . . dying.”

Lucifer waved his hand. “Oh, don’t worry. You’re not going to die. Death would be too easy.”  

“Just get me the hell out of here,” Sebastian mumbled, wiping his mouth.

A split second later, Sebastian was surrounded in total darkness. It was so pitch-black that he couldn’t even see his hand as he brought it to his face. For a moment, he panicked as he sought to gain his bearings. From out of nowhere, lights suddenly flooded all around him. He closed his eyes, shielding them from the brightness. He was disoriented and couldn’t immediately place his surroundings. Then, as his eyes fluttered open, he saw a young girl not much older than fourteen, on the street huddled in a corner. Even though it was warm outside, she wore more than one layer of clothing. Her long black hair was a tousled mess, and the jacket she had on was worn and tattered.  

She looked up and stared wordlessly at him. It was at that moment that Sebastian recognized her. It was . . . Eve.  
     
To be continued . . .
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 




NOTE: This is not part of the chapter. A reference for terms and cast of characters, especially for new readers:

BREEDLINE - A species of humans that have the ability to change from human form into a wolf. They are not like the old legend of the Lycanthropy myth. Breedline species can shift into their wolf at will. The moon has no power over them. They do not pass their ability to other humans with a bite or scratch like the Lycanthropy myth.
The Breedline gene is passed down to offspring that are born identical twins. Although they live among humans, their species must be kept secret.
In wolf form, they have super-strength, speed, and heightened senses. Compared to humans, Breedlines have tremendous advantages when it comes to health. Their bodies heal fast and are not subject to illnesses or diseases. The only thing that slows their healing process is silver. It is their kryptonite. Besides old age, a silver bullet to the brain is the only thing deadly to the species.
All males change into their wolf at the age of eighteen. Females do not go through the change until they make love to their Breedline bonded mate.

BREEDLINE TWINS - Identical twins that are born from either one or both parents of the Breedline species. They have a strong, unbreakable bond from birth, are born with telepathic abilities, and have the power to sense the other's emotions or injuries. In some cases, the bond between twins is so strong that if one dies, the other twin may pass on, especially if they don't have a mate.

BREEDLINE BONDING - The male Breedline spends their life in search of their bonded mate. When the male comes in contact with her, he instantly feels a simultaneous, desirable attraction and she becomes the most important thing in his life. He is there to love, protect, and cherish her until death. Once they are mated, they bond for life. It is possible for them to have more than one mate in their lifespan.

BELOVED - A word used by a Breedline to express the bond to their mate.

DOUBLE BONDED - In some cases, male Breedline twins bond with the same female but one will carry a stronger bond. Usually one of them must sacrifice for the other twin.

BREEDLINE COVENANT - The Breedline species must live within the boundaries of a Covenant, which is only formed with their species. The Covenant is governed and ruled by a head council. The council keeps their laws in order and oversees the species population.

THE BREEDLINE QUEEN - Over centuries, the Breedline Covenant is ruled by a true queen. If there is no queen living, the Covenants are governed by an appointed head council until another one is born. A Breedline queen is born once every one hundred years. Her massive stature, black fur, and red eyes are the queen's trademarks. Her alpha wolf has twice the strength, speed, and size of any Breedline. The queen is expected to rule over all the Breedline Covenants where she will be respected and obeyed by all Breedline. This is their absolute True Law.

THE QUEEN'S RING - This ring has been passed down to all Breedline queens for generations. When the new queen places the ring on, it instantly shifts in size to fit her finger.

TRUE LAW - All Breedline Covenants have an ancient book of laws. If either sex disobeys the Breedline laws, they can be shunned, or no longer protected by their Covenant. If a Breedline takes another life out of revenge, or evil - other than protecting their life, and the life of another - they will never have the ability to shift back into human form and cast out as a rogue wolf.

ROGUE WOLF - A Breedline shunned by their Covenant for taking another life out of revenge or evil and forced to live as a wolf until death without the ability to change into human form again. Some rogue wolves form into packs, which can be dangerous for other Breedline species.

RED (BLOOD) MOON - When the full moon passes through the amber shadow of the earth, producing a midnight eclipse visible across North America. So begins a lunar eclipse tetrad, a series of four consecutive total eclipses occurring at approximately six-month intervals. This incredible light beams into the heart of earth's shadow, filling it with a coppery glow and transforming the moon into a great red orb. During this time, all Breedline species that are mated have a strong desire to create an offspring. This is also a time when Breedline females are more fertile for the conception of twins.

CHIANG-SHIH DEMON (Kiang shi, a.k.a. Ramael Arminius) - An ancient demon that inhabits the body of a Breedline fetus before it's born or during a Breedline's death. It continues to take the soul over the natural lifespan of the child, or the deceased Breedline. When the demon possesses a fetus, it breaks the bonding and telepathic abilities of their twin when they are born. If the demon possesses a deceased Breedline's body, it must do so before the soul passes on. If the soul is not intact, the body will soon die.
In most cases, the Chiang-Shih demon will take the life of the other twin, even before their birth. The twin that is born with the demon will bring only evil to whomever they encounter. Their sole purpose is to gain full control of another soul and seek world domination.
There are two ways the demon is cast from the soul it possesses: by its first-born son, and the Angel of Mercy, Zadkiel. The Beast is the only one who can kill a Chiang-Shih demon.

THE BEAST - He is the second born son of the Chiang-Shih demon. When provoked into a rage, he will shift into his Beast instead of his Breedline wolf. The Beast is an enormous, dangerous two-footed creature that has wolf like features. One bite has enough venom to kill the Chiang-Shih demon and leave the soul of the person the demon possessed unharmed.

SHADOW WALKER (a.k.a. Shadow Figure, or Black Mass) - The perception of a patch of shadow as a living, humanoid figure, particularly interpreted by the Breedline as the presence of a malevolent entity. When a Breedline species dies and does not pass on to the other side, they are left to roam the earth as a shadow of themselves - a ghost. They will not pass on until they have settled unfinished business before their death.

ZADKIEL (Tzadqiel, a.k.a. 'Righteousness of God') - The archangel of freedom, benevolence, and mercy, and the patron angel of all who forgives. Breedline species tradition considers him to be the Angel of Mercy.

SUCCUBUS (a.k.a. CREEPERS) - Creatures that search for and feeds off the blood of the Breedline species. Creepers are skilled at extreme sexual pleasure, and the ecstasy they create is exceedingly intense and highly addictive. They cast off a scent that hypnotizes Breedlines into overwhelming sexual urges. They use their human-like bodies and beautiful features to control and influence their thoughts.
They have the ability to reach into the Breedline's mind during sleep, casting a spell of dreams about sexual contact or intercourse. One much less obvious manifestation of Creepers is nightmares - realistic, graphic, terrifying nightmares that rob the Breedline of sleep. Over a period, it can lead to severe fatigue and depression, leaving them emotionally and spiritually drained. Death can occur if they ultimately take over the Breedline's body.

HALF-BREED - This species is born with the genes from both Breedline and succubus. They can bond with either a full-blood Breedline or another half-breed. They cannot change into the Breedline wolf, but they do need blood from them to survive. With the power to hypnotize, most Breedlines have minimal respect and credence toward the half-breed species.

WICCA (or Wise One) - According to the Breedline species, a Wicca is the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts, and necromancy. A Wicca is also considered to be a demonic spirit. It is unclear to the Breedline if they act under the orders of the devil, or they are simply not understood and treated as outcasts. They can do white magic (good) or dark (evil).

GUARDIANS (a.k.a. Spirits of the Forest) - They originated during the Middle Ages with the purpose of protecting all creatures, especially the Breedline, from the destruction of any creation made by a dark Wicca. They can stay invisible with the power to move through any barrier and over any distance instantly.

THERIOMORPH - This species is born with the genes of a Breedline, but cannot change into a Breedline wolf. They shape shift into an enormous black panther. They possess powers of mind manipulation and random visions of the future. They must use the drug dopamine to suppress their urges. Their eye color shifts into a bright lavender when their Theriomorph nature takes over. The Breedline see them as a threat to their species.

ADALWOLF - A species that has the power to shift from their human form into a beautiful creature, twice the size, resembling half man and half wolf. Born with super-strength, they can move from one place to another in supernatural speed. Their eyes take on the appearance of two shimmering diamonds. With the power to regenerate their own cells, an Adalwolf will stop aging at thirty. The moon has no power over them. An Adalwolf is immune to silver. They can bond with any species.

LUPA - The ancestors descended from the old legend of the lycanthrope, except the moon has no power over them and it cannot be passed on to others like a virus. It is passed on through genetics to the female offspring, known as a she-wolf. This type of creature shape-shifts into a therianthropic hybrid wolf-like creature, and is considered dangerous... cursed.

Eve - She is a half-breed and Sebastian's bonded mate. Growing up in human foster care, she spent her entire childhood abused until Sebastian saves her. Scorned from her past, she lashes out in anger, living a life of crime later to discover her twin sister, Mia Blackwood. After realizing the Chiang-Shih demon possesses Sebastian, Eve clings to the past in hopes of reuniting with her beloved. Now that Sebastian is finally free of the demon, she has trust issues, worried he has an alternative plan for their sons.

Sebastian Crow - He is a half-breed, and Eve's bonded mate. After being killed by Jace in self- defense, he was possessed by the Chiang-Shih demon after the Angel of Mercy cast him out of Alexander's body. As he tried to portray Sebastian's life, Eve finally figured out his secret. Keeping her captive only to survive on her blood, he later develops feelings for her. The demon creates a death army, determined to dominate the world and unleash his wrath among humans and the Breedline. Now free from the demon, he is determined to reunite with his beloved Eve, who is kept prisoner by the Breedline Covenant, awaiting trial for her past crimes against them.

Arius and Tidus - Sebastian and Eve's twin boys. Both have inherited their parent's genetics of a half-breed. Arius carries the mark of the Chiang-Shih demon with the power to create a portal and the ability to heal others.

Anna Saeni - She was born with the genetics of a Breedline from her father's side - who died when Anna was a baby - but she does not shift into a wolf. Her human mother, Eliza, raised Sebastian Crow as her own after his biological mother, Sybil and his step-father, William Montgomery, detested him due to Sybil's infidelity. William sent Sebastian's twin brother Thomas to be raised in England with Sybil's sister, and forced his maid Eliza to raise Sebastian. While Anna grew up, she helped her mother raise Sebastian, loving him as a brother. At age fourteen, William molested Anna. After her mother found out, she confronted William and Sybil, but so afraid to lose her family, and her wealthy status, Sybil killed Eliza in cold blood. William sent Anna to live in a women's convent, and forced Sebastian to live in a boarding school for troubled boys for all Breedline.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. scongrove All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
scongrove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.