General Flash Fiction posted November 2, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Working hard to earn site money

Reviewing

by Aussie


Sweat trickled down my bent neck as I worked hard on reviewing poems and stories. The night had brought no relief from the oppressive heat of the day.

I write because I love to tell stories true or made-up. I write for pleasure and I enter all the free contests because I am not a monied person.

Unlike J.K. Rowling who lived in council flats and only had the pension, she rose to fame with Harry Potter. Not me though.

I live to write, not write to live. Disappointed with the rewards offered by FanStory. C'mon, only offering a few cents to review? What an insult.

I am a pensioner and don't have the means to buy funny site-money and so I get a sore back and neck from bending over the computer writing reviews so I can bring to you my writing.

When I started writing I had a mentor, Brooke was my friend and taught me much. Of course she has left because of illness that will finally take her from us. She spent all day on her computer reviewing to buy site money, she was a pensioner like me.

I hope FanStory will increase the payments for reviewing, I am getting fed up after eight years of reviewing for near to nothing in return. After all, it costs them nothing to increase the funny-money. They want us to review but do they realise what it costs us in time and effort?

I absolutely refuse to buy certificates just to get my work on page one. Monied folks have no trouble doing just that.

FanStory, isn't it time you lifted your game? Otherwise you will lose writers. You are a big concern now, but you don't offer us much in return. I have been writing for eight years and nothing has changed. Of course reviewing is necessary but, 2 Cents? C'mon give the reviewers like us pensioners a fair go.

I live in Public Housing on the pension and would love to have you read my work. I think my stories of the Aboriginal Dreamtime are worth reading. In the meantime, in the heat, I continue to review, review, review to bring you my (hopeful talents) Bless all the writers like me.



Flash Fiction Writing Contest contest entry

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Aussie All rights reserved.
Aussie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.