General Script posted October 28, 2018 Chapters:  ...307 308 -309- 310 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
one-scene script

A chapter in the book Worlds

Armadillo 5

by Bill Schott




Hostess desk at an upscale animal restaurant somewhere in the southwest. The hostess, a young mule deer, prepares to greet a patron.

Hostess: Welcome to our place. Do you have a reservation?

Armadillo: Armadillo.

Hostess: Well Mister Dillo, I don't see a reservation here.

Armadillo: Armadillo.

Hostess: Yes, well, I am a Deer. You've probably heard of our herd. My father has me starting out here greeting the public, but I'll be managing soon. Are you certain you've a reservation here?

Armadillo: Armadillo.

The manager steps over.

Manager: Is there a problem here, Ms. Deer.

Hostess: This one just keeps saying "He's a Dillo." I can't find that name with a reservation.

The manager looks over the listing and at the patron.

Manager: You're a Dillo?

Armadillo: Armadillo.

A young female armadillo steps up to join the conversation.

Young Armadillo: Hi. My grandfather only speaks Armadillo. We are the Armadillos. We have a standing reservation for twenty-five at five for table five.

Manager: Oh! Armadillo, yes. You are actually the new owners.

Young Armadillo: Yes. So we would Iike to be seated now. I'll also need twelve high chairs and six booster seats.

Manager: Of course. Immediately.

Hostess: I'm so sorry for the confusion, Mister Dillo.

Armadillo: Armadillo. Oh, yes. You're fired.



 




Im@ge from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.