General Fiction posted October 23, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Miller's bus trip to the grocery store.

Grocery Shopping

by pbomar1115


Miller dashed to the bus stop arriving just as the bus was leaving and pounded on the door. The driver stopped and stared at Miller with cold eyes, swaying his head with dislike and groaning as the door opened.  

Upon boarding the bus, huffing carrying two large bags and wearing a backpack, Miller said, “Let me sit my things down while I get my bus-pass out.” Hoping the driver would conform to a more agreeable mood, Miller waited for a response.

Instead, the driver jerked away without even the slightest suggestion of response and pressed forward, causing Miller to grab the pole to keep himself from falling. As a result, he sat in the seat behind the driver.

Across the aisle from Miller, a woman sat. She wore a one-piece sexy bodysuit, a wool fedora, and no makeup. She had violent opinions about everything as if to show, despite her extremely beautiful face and body, she damn well had a mind and the bus driver concurred.

After settling his backpack and bags, Miller hopped up, slid the bus card through the meter and quickly sat down. The next time he got up was at his destination. Miller crossed the street, entering the gate of the complex, arriving at his apartment. As he turned the key into the lock, the outset of a sad thought for the operator’s conduct toward him did not sit well with him. Miller felt sick with regret. He was ready to absolve the operator for his weakness due in part that he'd also fallen half in love with the woman in the black hat.




Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Raoul D'Harmental at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pbomar1115 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
pbomar1115 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.