Mystery and Crime Fiction posted October 20, 2018 Chapters: Prologue 1 -1- 2... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Revelations

A chapter in the book Loophole

Synopses

by Marvin Calloway



Background
The detectives continue to learn more about the robber,_Ronald, the teller_Trudy and the manager_Sterling.

Chapter 1: The Investigators

This is the story of George S. Brennan, an older detective about to retire and Amanda Lou Doherty, a much younger detective, who wished to work with him.

Brennan was assigned the 'open 'n shut' case as a retirement gift. Doherty was teamed up with Brennan to prevent him from 'over-examining every minor detail he encountered', according their superintendent.

All they were told about the case was: It involves a robbery and a shooting, at a small Maryland County bank. That seems simple enough.

Chapter 2: Infuriator

The 'horny' bank manager, Sterling, helped Amanda with her bag of crime solving equipment. He directed the detectives to an unused office to interrogate the employees. Brennan asked him, “How long has the robber been in the wind?” (which means gone)

Brennan prefered to wait until he has questioned all the employees before questioning Sterling.

Brennan's years as a successful detective lead him to distrust the manager.

Sterling never mentioned that the robber shot Trudy, the teller. I wonder why.

Chapter 3: A room without a view

Detectives Doherty and Brennan prepared the room to interrogate the employees.

They discuss the fact that Sterling didn't ask for I.D., even though they arrived in an unmarked car.

Each amused the other with a pun.

They agreed to be less formal when no one was around. He'll call her, Amanda, and she call him S.B. (as long as she doesn't put an 'O' in between the letters.

Brennan sends Amanda to tell Sterling they need additional items for the room and to inquire about their coffee. Brennan wants to lower Sterling's self esteem.

Brennan explained that 'FOW' means Fly On the Wall. He liked the idea of using a fly as narrator, but soon discards it.

Chapter 4: Floyd Tucker

Tucker saw the shooting of the teller, Trudy. He revealed that Joan Berkowitz saw someone, who could have been Sterling, shoot the robber.

Tucker believed this was the robber's first heist.

Brennan asked Tucker to get coffee for Amanda and himself.

Coffee is important to the detectives.





The rest of the chapters to follow.
This post has nothing to do with "Loophole," my Rom/Com.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Marvin Calloway All rights reserved.
Marvin Calloway has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.