Supernatural Fiction posted October 15, 2018 Chapters:  ...23 24 -25- 26... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Sins of Chaos/A Novel of the Breedline series

A chapter in the book Sins of Chaos

Double Crossed

by scongrove




Background
This may seem long ... but I promise, it's worth the read. Enjoy!
Previously . . .

Now that Abbey finally put an end to the ruthless scientist who killed her father, and kept her prisoner for years, torturing her with endless lab experiments, she had to warn her beloved Steven that he was in danger.

Before Dr. Autenburg had met his end, he was hired by Valkin Steele—a billionaire client that funded his research—to locate an Adalwolf with the power to heal his dying mistress, Natasha. And Steven was the target.

During her escape, Abbey was caught off guard and tranquilized by Valkin Steele’s body guard, Roman Kincaid. Just as she thought all hope was lost, her luck finally turned around. Roman, who was also an Adalwolf, promised Abbey he would keep her safe, and help her reunite with Steven. Left with no other choice, Abbey could only pray Roman was a man of his word. 

Now that Abbey is in good hands—protected by Roman and a team of Special Ops—the next step is reuniting her with her beloved, Steven.

As Steven and Abbey finally reunite, she is introduced to the others in the Covenant as they meet Roman and his team of Special Ops—Lena, Justice, and Bull—to prepare for more allies to show. 

Later the night, Roman and his team member, Lawrence Colbert, were ambushed by Gordan Bates and his brother Joey—trackers hired by Valkin Steele—to gain information to the whereabouts of the Breedline Covenant in order to capture Steven for his abilities to heal a fatal wound. During their altercation, Roman and Lawrence were left with no other choice but to shift into their supernatural state and take them out. But before they shifted, Gordan Bates spilled the news about Valkin hiring Cole Decker—a hired tracker that dealt in under-aged sex trafficking in Europe—to help locate Steven. 
       

After they contacted the Breedline Covenant, Tim Ross—the Covenant’s head council—prepared for Roman and Lawrence to arrive so they could gather everyone for a meeting and plan their next move. Just as they arrived, Tessa—the Breedline queen—had asked her husband Jace to take their twin boys upstairs to bed. Unbeknown to what was transpiring in the room down the hall, Jace had no idea what was about to happen. Abbey had just awoke from a horrific nightmare from her past, triggering the she-wolf within her. When the battle between Jace’s Beast and Abbey’s she-wolf almost led to her death, she decided to secretly sneak out of the Covenant in fear of shifting again and harming Steven, or an innocent bystander. Before Abbey left, she wrote a good-bye letter to Steven. But to Abbey’s surprise, she was kidnapped by Valkin Steele’s hired trackers to use her as a pawn to get to Steven.
   

Left with no other choice, Steven and the rest of the Covenant made a deal to trade Steven for Abbey once he healed Valkin Steele’s beloved Natasha who is dying of cancer. Before they made the trade, Drakon wired Steven with a tracking device in order to find Valkin Steele’s location and finally put an end to his and Cole Decker’s business in young girls sex trafficking.    
      

Continued . . .

Steven let out a deep breath as he was escorted down a long corridor, leaving Abbey behind. It felt like he was saying goodbye and he couldn’t stand it. His mind was filled with so much grief and rage that he could barely think straight.   

As the two armed guards and Valkin Steele took him through a series of hallways, they finally stopped outside a door.

“We don’t have any time to waste,” Steele said to Steven as he opened the door.

Though Steven knew the answer to his question, he asked it anyway to buy time.

“What kind of cancer does Natasha have?”

“Lung cancer,” Steele bit out. “Before she could be treated, it had already spread to her kidneys and into her bones. At times she has to be put on a respirator so she can survive. The doctors told us there was nothing more they could do.” 
   
Steele advanced on Steven, his face rigid. “The welfare of Ms. Winthrop depends entirely on you, Mr. Craven.”

Steven swallowed. “Don’t threaten me, Steele,” he said coolly. “I hold all the cards.”

He yanked Steven toward him, his hands wrapped in his shirt until their faces were inches apart. “You hold nothing!” Spittle flew out of his mouth from the outburst and landed on Steven’s face. “You’ll cure my Natasha, or I’ll hand over your precious Abbey to Cole Decker.” 
      
Steven reached for his wrists and yanked them downward, separating himself from Steele’s hold. “Let’s just get this over with,” he said calmly. He had to remain placid. He couldn’t allow his own rage to get out of hand. Abbey’s life depended on him.

Before they stepped into Natasha’s room, Steele met Steven’s gaze unflinching. “There is nothing ... nothing more important to me than Natasha,” he said, keeping his voice low. “I know you think I’m an evil man, Mr. Craven. And you’re right. I’ll do anything to save her, even if it means taking the lives of innocent people. I’m sure you can understand what love can do to a man. It can make even the strongest man vulnerable. It opens him up to unimaginable things. The love of your life is the most precious gift . . . and yet the most painful.” 
  
Steven took a step back, eyes narrowed with anger and surprise. He seemed at a loss for words. “Then take me to her,” he said quietly.  

Steele nodded and walked ahead. When Steven followed behind, his entire body was tense.

From the bedside of a fragile woman with blonde hair and pale skin, a nurse looked up with a stethoscope in her ears. “Hello, Mr. Steele.”

“Leave us,” Steele said in a demanding voice, motioning for her to leave.

After the nurse hurriedly left the room, Steele immediately went to Natasha’s bedside and stood over her. He reached out and gently stroked her cheek with the back of his hand.

“Natasha, honey, I have someone here to heal you, just like I promised.”  
   
She struggled to open her eyes, and then slowly she focused them on Steele. “Valkin,” she said hoarsely. “Is that you?”

“I’m right here, honey,” he replied in a choked voice.

Steven moved forward, not waiting for permission and stood from the opposite side of the bed. “Hello, Natasha,” he said in a soothing voice. “My name is Steven. I’m here to help you.”

Natasha turned slowly, focusing her weak eyes on Steven. “Are you the Adalwolf?” 

Steven nodded solemnly and slipped his hand into Natasha’s. “I’m different than the others,” he said, struggling to smile through his obvious distress. “I have the gift to heal your cancer.”

Natasha’s heart clutched. It went against everything she was and who she was to let someone give their life over for hers. “I won’t let you do this,” she said, clenching her brows. And then she turned in Steele’s direction. “I don’t want anyone else to die because of me.”

“It’s okay, Natasha,” Steven interjected, lightly squeezing her hand.

She slowly turned and looked up at Steven, suddenly nervous and unsure.

He pushed as much hope and warmth through their entwined hands, hoping to remove all her doubt and fear. Trust me, he whispered, merging with her inner thoughts. I’m not going to die.

Natasha’s eyes widened. And then she smiled. If there was any doubt before, it was gone in an instant.

“H-how did you do that?” she stammered. “I felt you. I mean . . . I could hear your voice inside my head.”

Steven pulled his hand from hers and placed it over her heart. “It’s a gift, Natasha. Do you trust me?”

Before she could respond, warmth spread through him to her. She couldn’t even describe the sensation of comfort and healing filtering inside her body and mind. Steven was healing her.

Sweat beaded Steven’s forehead. His breathing went shallow, and he teetered precariously against Natasha’s bed. As he willed her disease into his body, tears ran freely down his cheeks. It was almost more than he could bear.

Natasha felt him flinch, and it took her a moment to realize that Steven was in agony. She placed her pale hand over his. Her heart splintered, knowing he was suffering in her stead. 

It will be all over soon, Natasha. It’s only temporary for me. Trust me.

It nearly broke her when Steven raised his hand to softly touch her cheek in a simple gesture of comfort. He was comforting her when he was taking the brunt of her pain.

After a few moments had passed, he finally said aloud, “Natasha, are you feeling better yet?”

She smiled and put her small hand on his chest. “Yes,” she said, her voice seemingly sounding stronger. “It doesn’t hurt anymore.”

“You should rest,” Steven said. “Whether you feel pain or not, your body needs time to adjust. In a few hours, you’ll start feeling like your old self again.”

Natasha sensed the truth in his words. “I’ll never be able to repay you for what you’ve done.” Her voice trembled. “Thank you, Steven.”

“You’re welcome,” he said, and then turned his head to Steele. Steven didn’t believe for a minute that he was going to let him and Abbey walk away once he healed Natasha. The dumbass must think he was a complete moron to swallow that line of bullshit. “Okay, Steele. I’ve done my part. It’s time you return what belongs to me.”

As Steven waited in tense silence for Valkin Steele’s response, he’d wondered when Tim and the others would arrive, hoping that they’d been able to pick up the signal on the tracking device.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Craven,” Steele said regretfully. “I can’t thank you enough for all that you’ve done, but you see . . . it’s not that easy. It’s nothing personal.” He shook his head. “But I had to make a deal to get you here.”

“You son of a bitch,” Steven said through gritted teeth even though he’d known that was precisely what Steele planned to do. “I knew you’d screw me over.”

Suddenly, Steven felt the barrel of a gun pressed into his back. “If you do anything stupid, I’ll give the order to have the she-wolf put out of her misery.”

The accented voice coming from behind was an assault to his ears. Steven wanted nothing more than to shift into his Adalwolf and tear the bastard’s throat out, but he controlled his rage and stood perfectly still.

“Valkin,” Natasha spoke out, her eyes squinted, “what have you done?” 

“I’m sorry, darling,” he said tersely. “Sacrifices had to be made.”   

“Let’s go, Mr. Craven,” the man standing behind Steven said in a dark and sinister voice.

Steven controlled his rage and did as he was instructed, walking meekly toward the door. He waited for the man to tell him what to do next. Steven didn’t want to risk pissing him off this early in the game, risking Abbey’s life. He had to stay calm and do whatever it took to stall. Steven had no idea what he was facing, and his first priority was keeping Abbey safe no matter how he had to do it. But he couldn’t do this alone. If it were just him in danger, he’d shift into his Adalwolf and kick some ass. But they had Abbey, using her as leverage. Hopefully, Colonel Deshazo and the rest of the team would arrive soon.

He cast a quick glance over his shoulder, trying to get a look at the man behind him.

“Keep your eyes forward,” the man ground out, shoving Steven.

Steven bit back the retort that burned his lips and kept moving.

“Where are you taking me?”

“Back to where you came from,” Steele told him as he came around and faced Steven. “It appears that you have a hefty price on your head.”

Steele reached into his coat pocket, and before Steven realized what he was doing, he plunged a needle into his arm.

“Sorry, Mr. Craven,” Steele said. “It had to be done. I can’t have you shifting into your Adalwolf.”

Suddenly Steven was disoriented. His surroundings blurred and spun. Fear and panic exploded through his body. Steven’s eyes rolled back into his head, and still, he fought to remain conscious.

Oh shit, he was going to pass out. Steven swayed on his feet, and a strong arm snaked around him, preventing his fall.

“Make sure he’s not harmed,” Steele barked. “Dr. Kruger and his men will arrive within the hour. Their flight from Munich, Germany, just landed. His orders were that under no circumstances was he to be injured,” he continued, his tone as cold as ice. “Mr. Craven is worth millions.”   

The burly man holding on to Steven nodded. “What about the girl?” he asked. 

“Marcus is delivering her to Cole Decker as we speak,” Steele replied. “The rest of his girls should arrive shortly.”

“What do you want me to do with him until the physician arrives?”

“Lock him in the wine cellar,” Steele ordered and motioned to another one of his men to assist. “Mr. Craven shouldn’t give us any problems. I gave him a heavy dose of etorphine. It’s strong enough to immobilize an elephant.” 
    
“Won’t that kill him?”

“He’s not human, you idiot,” Steele said with a slight smirk in his voice.

****   
 
With a tight grip on her arm, Marcus quickly escorted Abbey downstairs.

“Who are you, and where’s Steven?” she asked, her voice laced with concern.

“Keep your mouth shut,” Marcus barked. 

When they finally reached the bottom, he directed her down a hallway to a door at the end. Once there, he knocked sharply and waited.

Abbey held her breath when the door opened, afraid of what was on the other side. Marcus shoved her inside, and she lost her balance, sprawling onto the floor. When she looked up, a tall man with blond hair was standing across the room, a satisfied smirk on his face.

“At last, we meet again, Ms. Abigail.”

She instantly recognized his voice. “Who are you?”

He cast a glance in Marcus’s direction and motioned for him to leave. When the door closed, Abbey held her breath, every sense on high alert.
Oh God, please let Steven be close.


And then Cole turned his attention back to Abbey, his eyes gleaming with lust. “My name is Cole Decker,” he said softly, moving closer. “And you belong to me now.” He knelt down, his gaze wandering down her body. There was a sick satisfaction in his stare. “My little pet,” he murmured. 

****

When Colonel Deshazo and the rest of the group parked down a narrow road, not far from Steele’s estate, tension vibrated through the Hummer that held Tim, Alexander, Kyle, Casey, Jace, and his twin brother, Jem.

Two other all-terrain vehicles pulled up on either side of them. One carried Roman Kincaid and his crew. The other transported Colonel Deshazo and his team, along with Drakon.

“Well ladies, what the hell are we waiting for?” Gunny mumbled from the back seat with a cigar between his lips. He didn’t light it, probably because Colonel D was looking at him from the rear-view mirror, giving him an “I dare you” look.

Tim came instantly to attention when he felt his phone buzz inside his pocket. When he dug it out and looked at the caller ID, he said, “It’s Tessa.”

Jace leaned forward, his expression concerned as Tim engaged in conversation. “What’s going on?”

Tim’s brow furrowed as he held up his hand to silence him.

Jace ran his hand through his long hair and let out a ragged sigh.

When Tim ended the call, he shot Jace a quelling look. 

“What did she say?” Jace croaked out, “Is everything all right?”

“Calm down, Jace,” Tim said in a low voice. “Tessa’s fine. She wanted to let us know about Zeke Rizzo.”

Impatience flashed across his face. “And?”

“The suspect in all those homeless murders paid Zeke a visit,” he explained. “Apparently, those human detectives arrived to witness Zeke healing from a cut-throat.”

“Shit!” Jem cursed from the backseat. “What did he tell them?”

“Nothing,” Tim replied and added, “but there’s more. They saw the guy vanish into thin air with one of Zeke’s employees.”

Jem shook his head, his lips twisted into a grimace. “Great,” he grumbled. “So what the hell are we going to do?”

“Right now, we’ve got to focus on getting Steven and Abbey back. We’ll deal with the rest later.” 
        
They got out and, after conducting a weapons check, gathered at the front of the vehicles with the others.

Drakon laid a map over the hood and pointed to a specific area. “This is where we’re at. The dirt road goes on for another half mile before you turn off onto blacktop that leads to Steele’s estate. I’m sure he’s got the place beefed up with security and video surveillance.”

“We’re going to have to go in with a bang,” Major Wyckoff said.

“Yeah,” Kid chimed in, holding up a grenade. “This oughta draw their attention.”

Colonel D stepped forward, and Wyckoff and Kid went silent. It always awed Drakon how much respect the colonel commanded.

“Here’s what we’re going to do,” Colonel Deshazo said, taking charge. “It’s obvious that the place will have two entrances. Wyckoff, I want you to get in position at the front with Kid and Gunny. I want Roman’s team positioned in the back, except Lena and Lawrence.” He looked pointedly at them. “You two will hang back and wait for my signal.”

Lena stepped forward and didn’t look at all happy. “With all due respect, sir,” she said, a hint of impatience in her tone, “where exactly do we fit into this plan of yours?”

The colonel’s eyes narrowed. “I want you and Lawrence to make sure no one comes in or goes out of this place except us. And be our backup if things go bad inside.”

Her lips tightened, but she obeyed orders without question. Lena gave a quick nod and took a step back.

“Once we’re inside, I’ll give the signal for everyone else,” the colonel said, turning toward Jem. “I’m depending on you to use a portal to get Abbey and Steven out of there. Any questions?” he asked. “If so, speak up now.”

When everyone stood in silence, Colonel Deshazo continued, laying out the rest of the details. In a moment’s time, they headed out on foot and took coverage among the trees surrounding Steele’s estate. Lena slung a rifle over her shoulder and climbed up a steep hill that overlooked the front with Lawrence by her side.

“Are you in position, Wyckoff?” Colonel Deshazo asked into the radio.

After he responded in the affirmative, the colonel ordered everyone to check in and confirm their positions.

Then the colonel turned to Kid and Gunny. “Okay, you know what to do.”

To be continued . . .
 
 
 
 

 




NOTE: This is not part of the chapter. A reference for terms and cast of characters, especially for new readers:

BREEDLINE - A species of humans that have the ability to change from human form into a wolf. They are not like the old legend of the Lycanthropy myth. Breedline species can shift into their wolf at will. The moon has no power over them. They do not pass their ability to other humans with a bite or scratch like the Lycanthropy myth.
The Breedline gene is passed down to offspring that are born identical twins. Although they live among humans, their species must be kept secret.
In wolf form, they have super-strength, speed, and heightened senses. Compared to humans, Breedlines have tremendous advantages when it comes to health. Their bodies heal fast and are not subject to illnesses or diseases. The only thing that slows their healing process is silver. It is their kryptonite. Besides old age, a silver bullet to the brain is the only thing deadly to the species.
All males change into their wolf at the age of eighteen. Females do not go through the change until they make love to their Breedline bonded mate.

BREEDLINE TWINS - Identical twins that are born from either one or both parents of the Breedline species. They have a strong, unbreakable bond from birth, are born with telepathic abilities, and have the power to sense the other's emotions or injuries. In some cases, the bond between twins is so strong that if one dies, the other twin may pass on, especially if they don't have a mate.

BREEDLINE BONDING - The male Breedline spends their life in search of their bonded mate. When the male comes in contact with her, he instantly feels a simultaneous, desirable attraction and she becomes the most important thing in his life. He is there to love, protect, and cherish her until death. Once they are mated, they bond for life. It is possible for them to have more than one mate in their lifespan.

BELOVED - A word used by a Breedline to express the bond to their mate.

DOUBLE BONDED - In some cases, male Breedline twins bond with the same female but one will carry a stronger bond. Usually one of them must sacrifice for the other twin.

BREEDLINE COVENANT - The Breedline species must live within the boundaries of a Covenant, which is only formed with their species. The Covenant is governed and ruled by a head council. The council keeps their laws in order and oversees the species population.

THE BREEDLINE QUEEN - Over centuries, the Breedline Covenant is ruled by a true queen. If there is no queen living, the Covenants are governed by an appointed head council until another one is born. A Breedline queen is born once every one hundred years. Her massive stature, black fur, and red eyes are the queen's trademarks. Her alpha wolf has twice the strength, speed, and size of any Breedline. The queen is expected to rule over all the Breedline Covenants where she will be respected and obeyed by all Breedline. This is their absolute True Law.

THE QUEEN'S RING - This ring has been passed down to all Breedline queens for generations. When the new queen places the ring on, it instantly shifts in size to fit her finger.

TRUE LAW - All Breedline Covenants have an ancient book of laws. If either sex disobeys the Breedline laws, they can be shunned, or no longer protected by their Covenant. If a Breedline takes another life out of revenge, or evil - other than protecting their life, and the life of another - they will never have the ability to shift back into human form and cast out as a rogue wolf.

ROGUE WOLF - A Breedline shunned by their Covenant for taking another life out of revenge or evil and forced to live as a wolf until death without the ability to change into human form again. Some rogue wolves form into packs, which can be dangerous for other Breedline species.

RED (BLOOD) MOON - When the full moon passes through the amber shadow of the earth, producing a midnight eclipse visible across North America. So begins a lunar eclipse tetrad, a series of four consecutive total eclipses occurring at approximately six-month intervals. This incredible light beams into the heart of earth's shadow, filling it with a coppery glow and transforming the moon into a great red orb. During this time, all Breedline species that are mated have a strong desire to create an offspring. This is also a time when Breedline females are more fertile for the conception of twins.

CHIANG-SHIH DEMON (Kiang shi, a.k.a. Ramael Arminius) - An ancient demon that inhabits the body of a Breedline fetus before it's born or during a Breedline's death. It continues to take the soul over the natural lifespan of the child, or the deceased Breedline. When the demon possesses a fetus, it breaks the bonding and telepathic abilities of their twin when they are born. If the demon possesses a deceased Breedline's body, it must do so before the soul passes on. If the soul is not intact, the body will soon die.
In most cases, the Chiang-Shih demon will take the life of the other twin, even before their birth. The twin that is born with the demon will bring only evil to whomever they encounter. Their sole purpose is to gain full control of another soul and seek world domination.
There are two ways the demon is cast from the soul it possesses: by its first-born son, and the Angel of Mercy, Zadkiel. The Beast is the only one who can kill a Chiang-Shih demon.

THE BEAST - He is the second born son of the Chiang-Shih demon. When provoked into a rage, he will shift into his Beast instead of his Breedline wolf. The Beast is an enormous, dangerous two-footed creature that has wolf like features. One bite has enough venom to kill the Chiang-Shih demon and leave the soul of the person the demon possessed unharmed.

SHADOW WALKER (a.k.a. Shadow Figure, or Black Mass) - The perception of a patch of shadow as a living, humanoid figure, particularly interpreted by the Breedline as the presence of a malevolent entity. When a Breedline species dies and does not pass on to the other side, they are left to roam the earth as a shadow of themselves - a ghost. They will not pass on until they have settled unfinished business before their death.

ZADKIEL (Tzadqiel, a.k.a. 'Righteousness of God') - The archangel of freedom, benevolence, and mercy, and the patron angel of all who forgives. Breedline species tradition considers him to be the Angel of Mercy.

SUCCUBUS (a.k.a. CREEPERS) - Creatures that search for and feeds off the blood of the Breedline species. Creepers are skilled at extreme sexual pleasure, and the ecstasy they create is exceedingly intense and highly addictive. They cast off a scent that hypnotizes Breedlines into overwhelming sexual urges. They use their human-like bodies and beautiful features to control and influence their thoughts.
They have the ability to reach into the Breedline's mind during sleep, casting a spell of dreams about sexual contact or intercourse. One much less obvious manifestation of Creepers is nightmares - realistic, graphic, terrifying nightmares that rob the Breedline of sleep. Over a period, it can lead to severe fatigue and depression, leaving them emotionally and spiritually drained. Death can occur if they ultimately take over the Breedline's body.

HALF-BREED - This species is born with the genes from both Breedline and succubus. They can bond with either a full-blood Breedline or another half-breed. They cannot change into the Breedline wolf, but they do need blood from them to survive. With the power to hypnotize, most Breedlines have minimal respect and credence toward the half-breed species.

WICCA (or Wise One) - According to the Breedline species, a Wicca is the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts, and necromancy. A Wicca is also considered to be a demonic spirit. It is unclear to the Breedline if they act under the orders of the devil, or they are simply not understood and treated as outcasts. They can do white magic (good) or dark (evil).

GUARDIANS (a.k.a. Spirits of the Forest) - They originated during the Middle Ages with the purpose of protecting all creatures, especially the Breedline, from the destruction of any creation made by a dark Wicca. They can stay invisible with the power to move through any barrier and over any distance instantly.

THERIOMORPH - This species is born with the genes of a Breedline, but cannot change into a Breedline wolf. They shape shift into an enormous black panther. They possess powers of mind manipulation and random visions of the future. They must use the drug dopamine to suppress their urges. Their eye color shifts into a bright lavender when their Theriomorph nature takes over. The Breedline see them as a threat to their species.

ADALWOLF - A species that has the power to shift from their human form into a beautiful creature, twice the size, resembling half man and half wolf. Born with super-strength, they can move from one place to another in supernatural speed. Their eyes take on the appearance of two shimmering diamonds. With the power to regenerate their own cells, an Adalwolf will stop aging at thirty. The moon has no power over them. An Adalwolf is immune to silver. They can bond with any species.

LUPA - The ancestors descended from the old legend of the lycanthrope, except the moon has no power over them and it cannot be passed on to others like a virus. It is passed on through genetics to the female offspring, known as a she-wolf. This type of creature shape-shifts into a therianthropic hybrid wolf-like creature, and is considered dangerous... cursed.

Zeke Rizzo - He is a Breedline, born with a curse of a sin-eater, and the owner of the Cat Club. When coming in physical contact with another person, he has the power to see inside their past, experiencing their worst memory. A simple handshake seems like nothing to an ordinary person, but to Zeke, it is unbearable. Without the ability to stop it, he is also the worst case of karma. If anyone angers him, an unfortunate accident can fall upon them.

Yelena Smirnov - A full-blooded succubus from Russia. She is in charge of security at the Cat Club. She is bonded to Apollyon, who was taken by the battle angels along with his fraternal twin sisters, Callisto, and Electra.

Tessa Fairchild - She was born into the human world and later discovers she's a Breedline. Abandoned by her parents, she was raised by her aunt and uncle without the knowledge of being born a twin. After she meets Jace, they become bonded mates. During her first change into her Breedline wolf, she became the new Breedline queen. She is an inspiring artist.

Tim Ross - He is a Breedline species and head council of the California Covenant. Angel, his bonded mate - who is a half-breed - has Tim's daughter they named Natalie, after her sister.

The Fury - Three fraternal twins created by an evil German scientist named Dr. Hans Autenburg. Using his own DNA, he mixed it with three other species: A Breedline, an Adalwolf, and a powerful Wiccan. He placed three embryos inside the womb of a full-blooded succubus, named Sonya Hothburn. Taken against her will, Sonya was forced by the mad physician into surrogacy. After their birth, she was forbidden to see her children.
All three were created to destroy the Breedline species and dominate the human world. The first born was called Apollyon, meaning 'destroyer' in Greek. It was also the name of the angel-prince of the infernal regions, the minister of death and author of havoc on earth. He has the strength of ten men, and the power to dematerialize, taking others with him, from one place to another. He can transform into a creature that resembles an Adalwolf, and a vampire-like hybrid. The second born was called Callisto, meaning 'most beautiful.' She has the power of a shield, protecting herself and others from harm. The last child was named Electra, meaning 'the shining one.' She has the power to conduct electricity from her body, using it as a weapon. Inheriting their species instinct and extraordinary power, their thirst to kill became uncontrollable. As they grew up, the Fury became more and more unstable and unruly. With an insatiable hunger for human flesh and unmanageable powers, they became a hindrance to the physician. He had no other choice but to drug and imprison them for all time, each one placed inside a sarcophagus in a state of deep slumber to be forgotten forever until they were set free by their mother.

Jace Chamberlain (a.k.a. the Beast) - He is a Breedline species and later discovers his birth father - who is possessed by the Chiang-Shih demon - murdered his mother when he and his twin brother were four years old. Raised by their new foster family and their Uncle Jacks, he later discovers he was born with a curse of the Beast. With the help of his twin brother, Jem, and his bonded mate, Tessa, they help him cope with his rage to keep the Beast at bay. He's an IT engineer and is the lead singer and plays acoustic guitar in the band Chaos.

Jem Chamberlain (a.k.a. the Chosen Son) - He is a Breedline species and Jace's twin brother. He carries the gene of the Chiang-Shih demon that gives him the power to create a portal and a force of electric energy used as a weapon and other powers he discovers later. His bonded mate is Mia Blackwood. He's an IT engineer and the drummer in the band Chaos.

Alexander Crest - He is a Breedline who was possessed by the Chiang-Shih demon before birth. Murdering his family, Alexander kidnapped his twin's bonded mate, Katlyn Gray. Keeping her prisoner against her will, she becomes pregnant with his twins. As she managed to escape before she gave birth, Alexander eventually kills her in a fit of rage. Returning for his chosen son twenty-two years later, he is determined to convince him to join his army. After the battle between the Breedline, the demon is finally cast out of Alexander, setting his soul free. For the demon's past crimes, Alexander is pardoned and must reside in the Breedline Covenant. Praying for forgiveness, he reunites with his twin sons, Jace and Jem. As he fights to keep his new family safe, romance blossoms with Dr. Helen Carrington.

Kyle Jones - He is a Breedline species that resides in the California Covenant. Having lost his family to a house fire at childhood, his Uncle Tim Ross has raised him since. Celina Baldolf is his bonded mate. He's a mechanic and also Jace and Jem's close friend, and plays bass in the rock band Chaos.

Casey Barton - He was born of the Breedline species, and lives in the California Covenant. He was adopted by Tim Ross's brother and carries a deep dark secret, afraid to reveal to the Breedline he was born a Theriomorph. He is a clothing model and plays backup bass and keyboards in the band Chaos.

Drakon Hexus - He is a Breedline species. At a young age, his first bonded mate was killed by her father. In a rage, he hunts and kills her murderer, breaking the Breedline's True Law. Shunned by his Covenant and forced to live as a rogue wolf, he's promised his humanity back if he joins the Chiang-Shih demon's army. After Drakon discovers the demon's plans to destroy all humans and half-breeds, he betrays him and joins forces with the Breedline. As time passes, he bonds with another mate, Cassie Chamberlain.

Steven Pasquale (a.k.a. Steven Craven) - He inherited the genes of a Breedline and an Adalwolf. He was taken from his mother and forced to endure a life of endless, painful experiments by two German physicians, Dr. Hans Autenburg and Dr. Hubert Crane. Without the knowledge of his real family, Steven finally manages to escape his captors, locating his biological parents and his fraternal twin, Tessa Fairchild.

Abbey (a.k.a. Abigail Winthrop) - She inherited the genetics of a Lupa from her mother, who died giving birth. Captured by Dr. Hans Autenburg - a German physician - she spent most of her life forced to endure experiments until she finally managed to escape. With no place to go, Abbey is determined to finally reunite with her beloved Steven after they were separated years ago.

Roman Kincaid - He is an Adalwolf trained in military tactics, hired as a special breed of warriors from Brazil. Hired as a bodyguard for Valkin Steele- a billionaire funding a group of unethical scientists research - he later learns of Steele's underground sex-trafficking and illegal drug and weapons trade, and informs the Breedline Covenant. He also forms a team of Breedline soldiers who work for a private Special Ops group contracted by the military for missions that no one else can or will do to help put an end to Valkin Steele's corrupt organization.

Lawrence Colbert - A Breedline council member of the New Jersey Covenant, trained in military tactics and as a medic who worked alongside Roman Kincaid, the Special Ops Team, and the Breedline Covenant to help take down Valkin Steele.

Lena - She is a Breedline, highly trained in survival skills, martial arts, and anything dealing with weapons, hand-to-hand combat, and hired by Roman Kincaid to help take down Valkin Steele. She oddly resembles the character Xena the Warrior Princess from the 80's television series. She is also Bull's little sister and is bonded to Justice.

Bull (a.k.a. Benjamin Allen Calvero ) - He is a Breedline, highly trained and an expert in a variety of military tactics who is part of Roman Kincaid's team.

Justice - He is a Breedline, highly trained in military tactics, an expert with explosives, hand-to-hand combat, sniper training, and a pilot, who is part of Roman Kincaid's team.

Lieutenant Colonel Brian Deshazo (a.k.a. Colonel D) - He is a Breedline, and the team leader of a special group of highly trained elite forces in the United States military, officially known as first Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta. They perform various clandestine and highly classified missions around the world. Their primary mission is counterterrorism, and also known as quiet professionals. They are notorious for their secrecy and take an oath of allegiance to ensure the different species confidentiality. Colonel Deshazo oddly resembles the WWE professional wrestler, John Cena. He served in combat years ago with Drakon Hexus.

Major Paul Wyckoff (a.k.a. Dark Wratih) - He is a Theriomorph and part of Colonel Deshazo's team. He's part of the counter-terrorist unit, specifically directed to kill or capture high-value or dismantle terrorist cells. They rely on Wyckoff for hostage rescues. He resembles the character played by Dwayne Johnson in the movie 'Scorpion King.'

Master Sergeant Stephen Virgin (a.k.a. Gunny) - He is a Breedline and part of Colonel Deshazo's team. He is a hard-nosed, hard-living soldier of war. He is skilled as a sharp-shooter and is the oldest of the group, resembling Clint Eastwood's character in the movie 'Heartbreak Ridge.'
Major Joshua Lawson (a.k.a. Kidd) - He is a Breedline and part of Colonel Deshazo's team. He is an operator of AC-130 gunships and specialized planes and helicopters. He is the youngest of the group, born and raised in Texas. Kidd had the worn cowboy look down without actually looking like he stepped right off the farm, except for his southern drawl.

Valkin Steele - He is a wealthy business man who deals with drugs, weapons trade, and underage sex trafficking. He also funded a group of unethical scientists that kidnapped people with special gifts and rarities for research. He is searching for an Adalwolf with the ability to heal his beloved Natasha who is dying of cancer.

Cole Decker - He is known as the best tracker money could buy, hired by Valkin Steele to kidnap Steven Craven for his healing powers. He is also wanted by the FBI for his crimes as a well-known sex offender and sex trafficking young girls from all over the world.

Marcus Delvecchio - He is a Breedline traitor, hired by Valkin Steele as a bodyguard.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. scongrove All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
scongrove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.