General Flash Fiction posted September 25, 2018 Chapters:  ...4 5 -7- 8... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
when to set aside pre-conceived notions

A chapter in the book Short Stories and Flash

Man Lost

by michaelcahill

100 Word Story Contest Winner 

First light reveals to me a breakfast of wishes, whisked to the horizon on a floundering ship of hope. What I wouldn't give to hear the irritating clanging of an alarm clock, or receive a phone call telling me this has been an elaborate prank.
 
I often think, now, I could slip off this raft and sink like a rock to my merciful demise. I'm not that kind of brave though, as I continue my courageous attempt to survive.
 
I am not the Ancient Mariner. The stars tell me nothing, the sun merely mocks me.  I'm lost at sea. I have water and there's food swimming around me in abundance. I'm no fisherman either.
 
I feel neither joy nor dread as a canoe approaches from an island that appeared from nowhere. There are several people on board who I once would've called primitive tribesman. As they approach, I redefine civilization.


 
tribesmanincanoearger44


Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: breakfast, light, rock, phone, clock

100 Word Story
Contest Winner


150 words exactly, Microsoft Word and Fanstory Editor.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.