Horror and Thriller Fiction posted September 17, 2018 Chapters: 1 2 -3- 4... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Susie's husband dies of a heart attack. She is in shock

A chapter in the book Redemption

Lance's death and Susie's grief

by SLMorrical




Background
They meet 20 years ago, instant bond and have been growing stronger in their relationship. Lance will do anything to make Susie's life better, but he has a heart attack at 45.
It was a Tuesday just like every other Tuesday. Lance kissed Susie goodbye and told the dogs' goodbye and went off to work. Susie had a very bad feeling that morning when she gets up out of bed. Little did she know that bad feeling was on the money. She texted Lance before her first cup of coffee with her usual encouragement text of how she believes in him has faith in him, and loves him. Lanced texted back his usual, "I love you too." Seeing this she knew he was alright, but something just kept nagging at her as something was wrong with him.

She goes through her day normally getting her stuff ready to go to work that night, then at noon, her phone rings and its Lance. She answers "Hey baby, what's up?"

"Susie it's not Lance, its Tony. I am using his cellphone to call you."

Susie thought why was he using Lance's cellphone to call her? Then, at that very moment, that very bad feeling she had hit really hard. "Tony, why are you calling me on Lance's cellphone?"

"Lance is being taken to the hospital by ambulance; they think he is having a heart attack."

Susie was in shock. "What hospital are they taking him to?"

"Holly Regional, are you going to be okay Susie?" Tony said in fake concern.

"Yeah, thanks goodbye." Susie rushes to get her shoes on and the dogs put up so she can go to the hospital and see Lance. She appears calm, but underneath she is very scared. She calls her friends, Donna, and Victoria, after she calls her job to let them know she will not be working tonight. Donna and Victoria agree to meet her at the hospital to give her moral support. They know how important Lance is to her. They know she will need them now, and since they have been friends for many years that they are like sisters, they go to watch over her.

When Susie arrives at the hospital her friends are there and give her big hugs. "Susie we came as soon as we could," Donna said as she was hugging Susie.

"Yeah, Susie we are here for you." Victoria chimes in.

Susie goes over to the desk and speaks with the Emergency Nurse there. "They brought my husband in by ambulance I want to know where he is and if he is okay?"

"Name please." The nurse says so coldly.

"Lance Morrell. My husband is Lance Morrell. Can I see him please?" Susie is weepy.
The nurse looks for his name and changes her attitude. She looks at Susie. "Mrs. Morrell, please come with me the doctor will want to talk to you."

She looks back at her friends in horror. "Can my friends come with me, please?" The nurse nods yes and the three of them follow the nurse back to a waiting room. "Please let him be okay, I don't think I can go on without him? He is my rock and I know I am his."

Donna and Victoria grab Susie's hand. Victoria being strong in faith tells Susie with assurance, "He is going to be fine, I prayed to god on the way over here. You don't deserve this to happen now."

Donna looks at Victoria as to say really you are playing the god card. She looks at Susie and tells her with concern. "We are here for you no matter what happens. You can lean on us."

The doctor walks into the waiting room looking around calling out "Mrs. Morrell?"
Susie gets up and walks towards the doctor "I am Mrs. Morrell. How is my husband doctor, and can I see him?"

The doctor looks Susie straight in the eyes trying to look comforting. "I am sorry Mrs. Morrell; your husband was DOA from the ambulance."

Susie stares at the doctor and screams at him "NO, NO." Donna and Victoria come over to hold on to her just as she goes limp and passes out. The shock was too much for her.

Susie's friends Donna and Victoria with the doctor help over to a stretcher and she is rolled into an exam room and is watched very closely. An hour later she sits straight up and looks at her friends, who never left her side, while in tears she asks "Was I dreaming or did Lance just die?"

Donna and Victoria hold her and both tell her "No Susie you were not dreaming and yes Lance just died of a heart attack."

Then something really strange happens to Susie. She stops crying, her facial expression turns to rage, and her voice comes across as violent, "Lance didn't die of natural causes. His death was because of that job of his. Those guys he worked with, they killed him. They will not get away with this."

"Susie, what are you talking about?" Donna knows that face and that tone.

"Lance died of a heart attack, he was not murdered." Victoria tries to get Susie back to reality.

"No they killed him and my first stop is the police station." Susie hugs the girls, sign the necessary paperwork and heads out of the hospital. Donna and Victoria are worried Susie just went off the deep end.




Characters so far"
Lance Morrell
Susie Morrell
T- Susie's Friend
Susie's parents Ben and Janet
Donna -Susie's long time friend
Victoria - Susie's long time friend
Tony Otto- Manager of Motorcycle City

I am always appreciative of any feedback that is given. I just love having the people on FanStory reading and critiquing my writing.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. SLMorrical All rights reserved.
SLMorrical has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.