Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted September 8, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Will history repeated itself?

Mr. Galileo Arrested

by HarryT


“Mom, our teacher has been arrested. Police came into our science class and took Mr. Galileo away.”

 “I was afraid something like this was going to happen,” Mom said, “ever since the President appointed climate deniers to run the Environmental Protection Agency."

“Mom, the principal told us that he has been listening in on our science classes and reported Mr. Galileo because he tells us lies about climate change. He said Mr. Galileo violated an Executive Order signed by the President forbidding the teaching of climate change, making it a treasonous offense."

“The truth is,” Mom said, “the neglecting of the environment is profiting the President’s favored industries. He is devastating our forests, increasing air pollution and destroying the natural habitat for birds and animals. Unfortunately, when the media report the increasing damage to the environment the President calls it ‘fake news.’”

“Mom, who is going to help Mr. Galileo?”
 



Flash Fiction contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.