Essay Non-Fiction posted September 18, 2018 Chapters:  ...8 9 -10- 11... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
CAA-Contest Addicts Annonymous

A chapter in the book Short Stories and Flash

Can Someone Loan Me Five Bucks?

by michaelcahill

Prompted... Contest Winner 














 

Prose prompt number 1
What if Superman Were a Nazi?
 
Write a fictional prose piece of at least 1000 words taking a famous world event and changing the outcome. What is the new outcome? How did the new outcome affect the world?
 
What if the Allies had LOST World War II? What if Lincoln or Kennedy had survived their assassinations? What if George Wallace had become President? What if Castro was unable to seize power in Cuba? What if the U.S. had won the Vietnam War? Korea? What if England had quelled the American Revolution? Well, the list is endless …
 

Prose prompt Number 2
The Story Behind the Picture 
cages2
 
Look at the provided picture and then write a fictional prose story of at least a thousand words telling the story behind the picture. Be creative, of course, but your work WILL be judged on how you've incorporated the picture into your story.
 
NOTE: This would be a reoccurring prompt with different pictures offered each time. The sponsor might use a famous painting like the Blue Boy OR simply one that catches the sponsors fancy. Inspired by ekphrastic poetry where a poet writes a poem based on the inspiration derived from a painting or picture.
 

Prose prompt Number 3
Death is Funny
 
Write a murder story that is humorous. The story must contain a murder. How you manage to make it funny is up to your twisted imagination. Be as creative or absurd as you wish, but, remember, a murder MUST occur. A minimum of 1000 words, prose fiction only. No stories in poems, non-fiction or anything else that isn't PROSE FICTION.
 

Poetry Prompt Number One
 Animal History

Write a children's poem about an historical event where animals replace the main characters. If it's World War II, Hitler could be a Rat, Churchill a Great Dane, Roosevelt a Turkey etc. Or in the Kennedy/Nixon debates, Kennedy could be a puppy and Nixon a kitten. I'm sure YOUR imagination is more clever. Any form of poetry, any length. Let's limit presentation to one picture. You should list the depicted event in your author's notes, but that is NOT required.
 

Poetry Prompt Number Two
Shakespeare? HA! I can writeth like he.

Write a rhymed poem in your best attempt to emulate the style of William Shakespeare. DO NOT copy a single line or phrase from his work or you WILL be disqualified. Study his style and then IN YOUR OWN WORDS emulate it. The piece that sounds the most like the Bards will be the one to vote for and the one that should get the win. Presentation is up to you, but obviously, words are the focus.

 

 



Prompted...
Contest Winner

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.