Young Adult Flash Fiction posted September 2, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A man who got clean and sober from drugs

Clean and Sober

by Raul1

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.
Patrick has taken drugs since he was eight years old. He remembered the time when his older bullies introduced him to cocaine. At first, he didn't want to try it, but then he used it, so they wouldn't bother him anymore. He used drugs most of his life. He was 32 years old and did rehab, with the help of his parents, which made him stop resisting. As the years passed, he never listened to his family's advice, which in a time of need he did almost too late. He went to drug therapy, shared his story with his psychiatrist, and the other mate addicts. He got recuperated. Years later, he got clean and sober. He wished that he had never taken the drug. One thing he regretted was taking the drug cocaine. The doctors got it out of his system. He finally felt happy, clean, free, sober, and rehabilitated.



Flash Fiction contest entry

Recognized


Never use drugs, because it is bad for you. This story is for adults only and not for children. If You're an adult, then you can read it.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.