General Poetry posted September 7, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
My lucky day

Miracle

by tempeste

During a quiet early morning walk , feeble cries broke my peaceful thoughts .

Tossed away in a closed cardboard box
three newborn kittens I came across.

Their wet entangled lifelines still well attached .
Two were cold as stone but one still struggled against the injustice of this heartless act .

I made it my mission to make things right and give this fighter a chance at life.

Bottled fed around the clock, endless butt rubs so the waste would not clot.

My prayers and hard work slowly paid off and
two twinkle eyes two weeks later opened up .

Clinging to me like ivy to a wall I believe he thought to be a human of some sort.

My shadow and faithful companion for a decade , paw in hand we shared the good and bad as it came around.

When death tore us apart a deep hole was left in my heart. I missed his soothing purrs and us huddled under blankets on cold winter nights.

But time heals all and slowly the emptiness was filled with sweet memories of our past.

As for the criminal that committed the crime I'm confident his Karma evened things out and duly repaid him with the same "courtesy " he dealt out .



Free Verse Poem-Any Topic contest entry


That's my boy ..a bit nerdy like his mamma but always ready for cuddles , headbutts and face rubs ...and that rough tongue in my ear .such a blissful feel.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. tempeste All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
tempeste has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.