Spiritual Non-Fiction posted August 13, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A three-fold approach to God opened

Ignorance Is Not Blessed

by Deniz22


In Psalm 27:4,

David wrote;


"One thing I have desired of the Lord, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord , And to inquire in His temple."



Seems there are three parts to this ONE desire of David's we would do well to heed!

#1. "I want to dwell in God's house forever". (in another Psalm, David asked for "length of days" and got eternal life). Let's call part #1. in this threefold desire, 'eternal security'.

#2. "to behold the beauty of the Lord". He wants to be caught out of the mundane to "behold" (rapt attention) the BEAUTY of the Lord! This goes far beyond the wonderful beauty of Creation to actually seeing by faith "the GLORY of God in the face of Jesus Christ!" 2 CO. 4

Keith Greene's 'Oh Lord, You're Beautiful', captures some of that special experience available to the weakest believer who looks in the Scripture for Jesus, the Son of God.

And Jesus was never more beautiful than when He paused in dying and promised a ruined sinner through His bloodied, swollen lips He would see Him THAT very day in Paradise!

Equally beautiful was Resurrection Sunday when He who is alive forever and ever, stepped out of a dark tomb to declare to a benighted world, "I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death". Revelation 1:18 NKJV

Let's call #2, "the desire to truly worship, involving a sanctified heart response to "seeing Jesus".

These first two parts are preparatory to learning the Bible more fully through utilizing part #3., stated thusly; "And to inquire in His temple"!

David was motivated by his sense of security from God and his enlightened worship of Him t want to learn God's truth. His faith encouraged and his heart warmed in worship, he confidently ASKED God to teach him. He knew he would get the truth and continually add to his own knowledge of God and His agenda.

This increase in understanding the scriptures would enable him to be a better leader for God. David was not content with just security or even emotional vibrancy, but had to know to satisfy his new spiritual brain, his by virtue of being born-again through faith in Christ. Let's call #3, "engaging God fully". 

Many Christians, it seems to me, join with David to point #1. and then settle there, while still others  venture to point #2. and camp there.

Yet the purpose of the #1 and #2 is to prepare us to use #3 for learning the deep things of the Spirit, wholly made open to believers, even those truths previously hidden from us in God.

Shame on us if we don't pursue and hunger for God's full truth in order to mature spiritually to serve God more effectually to His glory and the good of His church..




Proverbs 1:22

"How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity?
For scorners delight in their scorning,
And fools hate knowledge.
23
Turn at my rebuke;
Surely I will pour out my spirit on you;
I will make my words known to you.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.