Romance Fiction posted June 10, 2018 Chapters:  ...79 80 -81- 82... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Anderson fights for a knife.

A chapter in the book Perennials of War

Chapter Funfundzwanzig Part eins

by barbara.wilkey




Background
Is Anderson a gallant knight? Can he recover Shana's family's stolen relics and heal the wounds of genocide?
ENDING OF PREVIOUS POST:

About forty-five minutes later, Shana returned and scanned the room for Anderson.

Sarah smiled. "He's in the outside canning kitchen getting extra ice. Is everything all right with your friend?"

"Yes, Sarah's showed a little improvement and Hannah wanted to thank Drew."

Susan used gestures as she spoke, "Go through the kitchen, past the patio, and it's the building on your right."

Shana nodded and left. As she stood on the patio, she noticed two male forms in the building. She stopped and studied the scene. I wonder who's with Drew. He's holding something in his hand, but what? They're talking, but I can't make it out. It looks like Drew's hurt. This can't be good.


TODAY'S POST:

Shana edged closer and overheard the strong Russian accent. That's Bezrukov, he's one of Kuznetsov's men. He followed me from the museum and tried to kidnap me in the parking garage. I need to do something. She noticed a clay flowerpot next to the building, picked it up, and crept behind Bezrukov, and then lifting it above her, she slammed it into the back of the man's head. He crumbled to the ground in a daze.

Anderson grabbed for the knife. The men struggled as they each tried to gain control of it.

Shana screamed.

Just as Anderson drove the knife into Bezrukov's chest, family members rushed outside . He glanced up and yelled, "Get Shana out of here."

Zachery put his arm around Shana. "I'll take you to your room."

As Leon notified the police, the security team arrived at the scene.

"Oscar, how'd Bezrukov get this far into the perimeter?" Anderson stood, wiped his brow, and pressed his free hand against his arm wound.

"I have no idea. I'll find out and make sure it doesn't happen again."

Jeff studied Anderson's arm and offered a towel. "He got you pretty good. " After Anderson nodded, Jeff walked to the body and checked it. "We don't have to worry about him anymore."

Anderson used the towel for pressure against his wound. "She didn't need to witness this. Violence isn't part of her life." He started to leave.

"Drew, you need your arm attended to." Susan reached out for her son.

"Mom, I need to check on Shana." Anderson pecked his mom's cheek. "My arm isn't going anywhere. When the police arrive, call me. You might want to get Grandma somewhere safe."

*****
After two raps to the door, Anderson opened it. "Shana?"

She threw her arms around his neck. "You're safe."

"I am." He held her, but nodded at Zachery. "Wait in the hall."

Zachery shut the door on the way out.

Moments passed as Shana clung to Anderson. He moved her hands from around his neck and led her to the bed. "Sit. I can't stay long and we need to talk. The police'll have questions. At the condo, I protected you, but this time you'll have to talk with them." He put his finger to her lips as she started to speak. "Just tell the truth."

"He stabbed you." Shana touched Anderson's arm.

"I'm fine."

"But you killed Bezrukov. He was one of the men..."

"I know, and it was self-defense," interrupted Anderson. "Don't worry." He scanned the room. "I'm worried he wasn't the only man who snuck through security. Zack will stay with you."

"But..."

Anderson heard a knock at the door. "The police must be ready. I'll be back as soon as possible."

As he reached the door, Shana hugged him. He kissed her forehead. "Sweetheart, I won't be long." Under his breath he muttered, "I hope."

When Zachery entered the room, he saw Shana kneeling by the bed, praying. He knelt beside her. "Is it okay if I pray with you?"

Shana nodded, and they continued to pray.

Moments later, they finished, and Shana sat on the bed.

As Zachery pulled a chair beside her, Shana asked, "Do you have a gun on you?"

He lifted his shirttail and pulled out a Glock 19 Gen4.

Shana swallowed. "And a knife?"

From his back waist band, Zachery pulled a Sog Seal Pup Elite Fixed Blade.

"Anything else?"

Zachery grabbed a Benchmade Bedlam from his boot.

"I see you're ready for anything."

"I take it you've never been around weapons." Zachery quietly replaced each one. "If you keep hanging out with the mafia, I might have to insist my brother teaches you to use a gun." He grinned.

Shana shook her head. "Never!"








Characters so far:

Shana Kohlberg -- a 25 year old high school English literature teacher -- she's trying to get her family's painting back

Anderson Sharp -- often called Drew -- 31 years old -- works part-time on Wall Street -- a billionaire from Texas oil wells

Dmitry Bezrukov -- one of three Russian men in black suits

Jeff Burk -- takes care of Anderson's cars and important security details.

Helen -- Anderson's cook

Jane -- Anderson's housekeeper

Philip -- Anderson's butler -- close friend

Kyle -- Anderson's dog walker

Axel -- Anderson's lead German shepherd

Thor -- Anderson's second German shepherd

Romeo -- Anderson's third German shepherd

Aaron Kohlberg -- Shana's older brother

Ivan Kuznetsov -- formally Ivan Morozov, I accidently chose a real person, so I have changed it present day owner of the painting.

Patricia -- Anderson's ex-wife

Emily -- Anderson's five year old daughter

Isaiah Glassberg -- Anderson divorce/custody attorney.

Jeremy -- Jane's second-cousin twice removed, NYC undercover cop.

Hannah Jacobs -- Shana's cousin, the same age and best friend. Married within the past year and just had a baby, Sarah. Her husband, Paul. Sarah was just diagnosed with Tay-Sachs disease.

Joshua Colton -- Art Museum's curator

Benjamin Kohlberg -- Shana's father

Eliana Kohlberg - - Shana's mother

Maxwell Gaines -- Lawyer hired to retrieve the painting

Erich Berger -- Manager of the Dorotheum art auction house in Austria

Mary Pritchard -- The lady Anderson hired to help Hannah while she's in Boston with Sarah.

Zachery Sharp -- Anderson's younger brother

Michael Sharp -- Anderson's father

Susan Sharp --Anderson's mother

Leon Sharp - - Anderson's grandfather

Grandma Sharp - - Anderson's grandmother



Recognized


Thank you Google Images for an image of a lady praying. I've changed this post so many times. I hope I now have it right. Thank you for all the support you give my writing.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.