General Fiction posted May 27, 2018 Chapters:  ...8 9 -10- 11 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Missing the world out there

A chapter in the book A Life In Your Pocket

Freedom

by Heather Knight




Background
Barb and John have just had their first baby. Barb hasn't been able to bond with her baby so far.
John went back to work the day after they returned home from the hospital. Barb stayed at home with Poppy. When the door closed behind her husband, she felt as if she had been locked in a prison.

That whole day, she went through the motions like a robot. She fed the baby, she cooked lunch and even watched some television.

At five thirty, an excited John walked back into the house.

'See what I have, Barb!' he shouted from the hall.

When she realized that he was standing next to a pushchair, all her sadness vanished. She was free!




All the chapters of this little novel have exactly 100 words.

NOTE. Not everybody was lucky enough to have a pushchair or pram in the sixties which made going out with the new baby more difficult. My parents didn't have one for me (I was born in 1964), however my little sister got one (she's six years younger than me).
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.