General Fiction posted May 18, 2018 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 7... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Flashback

A chapter in the book A Life In Your Pocket

The First Girlfriend

by Heather Knight




Background
This is the story of Poppy's life. So far we have witnessed her birth and have noticed that her parents' marriage is not exactly rock solid.
John and Pat used to play together in the park opposite their homes. When they started secondary school, they were in the same class and then, one day, they decided they were in love.

Pat's parents were honest, uneducated folk who wanted their daughter to be the first in the family to go to university, but Pat wasn't interested.

'I'll get married as soon as I can. My husband can work and I'll stay at home and sip martinis like housewives do in films,' she said.

Her mum rolled her eyes and hoped John would talk some sense into her.




Another 100-word chapter for my little project.
Main characters:
Poppy
John - her father
Barb - her mother
Pat - John's first girlfriend
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.