General Fiction posted May 12, 2018 Chapters: -1- 2... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A baby is born

A chapter in the book A Life In Your Pocket

The Unsightly Beginning

by Heather Knight


United Kingdom, 1963

The leaves were turning copper brown and the breeze cooled the greyish asphalt.

It was a day like any other for most people, but John paced the corridors of the ugly little hospital in the centre of London, excitement and fear coursing through his veins. He was only twenty and his first child was about to be born.

He wondered whether the baby would be a boy or a girl, but most of all, he wondered if Barb, his wife, would ever forgive him.

She hated the hospital. However, he had only chosen it because it was near their home.



Recognized


I have decided to write a novel in which each chapter has exactly 100 words. So far I have only written six chapters, but I'm enjoying the process very much.
The title A Life in Your Pocket is just the working title and is based on the fact that this is a series of flash fiction chapters.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.