General Poetry posted May 9, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Even during a northern Michigan blizzard...

haiku (tufted titmouse scouts)

by Mrs. KT

   

<<<~~~>>>

Tufted Titmouse scouts
upon ice-clad, snow-tossed perch  --
aerial cuisine

<<<~~~>>>

 
 



5-7-5 Poetry Contest contest entry

Recognized


The Tufted Titmouse is one of northern Michigan's most intrepid feathered friends. "Titmice," (Yes, that is the correct plural form...) live all year long in Michigan. During the spring, summer, and fall, they are foragers, finding and caching an assortment of seeds, nuts, and insects for the winter months. Even during the most daunting weather, they are frequent visitors to our bird feeders. While there, their normal pattern is to scout the feeder from the cover of trees or bushes, fly to the feeder, take one seed, preferably a sunflower seed, and fly back to their cover to eat it. Such discriminating, agile, and friendly connoisseurs. They surely add delight to an oftentimes long and daunting winter.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mrs. KT All rights reserved.
Mrs. KT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.