Romance Fiction posted April 11, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
This is my somewhat true-to-life letter to my husband.

To My Prince Charming

by GollyGreen32


To My Prince Charming Husband,

You are such a special person. I'm writing this letter to tell you how special. Don't worry, you don't have to write a fancy poem or a lengthy treatise in return. I just felt like scribbling my love for you out of my heart and onto the page. When I met you, fireworks exploded in my mind and body, and they still do, even after twenty years of marriage. I so look forward to the next twenty.

As a young woman, I imagined my marriage to my prince charming. The prince charming who jumped from the pages of a romance novel. The prince charming who rode a white horse, smelled great, whose sexy smile melted all the women, always gave me compliments, and kept the "castle" neat the best that he could. Of course, my prince had a strong and an athletic body and a gentlemanly disposition. He liked children and wanted some of his own to love and spoil. He fought the villains and protected me from them. Sometimes, we disagreed and fought, but we always reconciled with apologies, kisses, and sometimes, sex. Oh! The tender kisses and nights of bliss. The mornings with smiles that can't help but be smiled.

My kind and humorous husband, you are my dashing prince. I chose well. You may not ride a white horse or wield a sword for me, but you sure build a charcoal fire and grill like no one else, and your scent of bacon and grilled steak drives me wild, to say nothing about your smoked ribs or brisket. The meat always tastes, of course, smoky, but also sweet, salty, and spicy and cooked to perfection. From now until the day I die, the aroma of a smoker will remind me of you. Your smile when you grill or smoke perfectly succulent meats definitely makes me smile. You feed me so well.

It doesn't surprise me that your sign is Scorpio, which astrologers say is the sex symbol of the Zodiac. You're certainly a sex symbol to me. I like your "bad boy" appearance, but love your kind and sensitive personality. If you wore those tight breeches like the princes of old or the tight leather pants worn by Jim Morrison, I'd probably hyperventilate and faint from my heart palpitations. I love your funny Valentine poems that you wrote for me. I didn't care that they were simple and sweet. It only mattered that you wrote them and gave me the gift of your words.

On a more serious note, I know every man, too, has a moment of the day that they look forward to the most. For some, it's the moment they leave work, or it's the first sip of wine, or when they get to sit in front of the TV and watch a football game, or in your case, your favorite sit-com recorded on the DVR. My favorite part of day is when I stand...or sit beside you. We don't need to do anything in particular. I just look forward to being by your side and enjoying your company. We share funny stories or talk about problems. I feel relaxed and so loved around you.

You are the man beyond my prince-charming dream, the man I wanted to marry, the man I would marry again, the first one I think about when I wake up, and the last one I think about when I go to bed. Thank you for helping and comforting me through the sad moments of my life. Thank you for smiling and laughing with me through the joyous and exciting moments of my life. I cannot imagine my life without you. You don't realize the memories you gave to me. The sweet, sweet memories you gave to me and continue to give me.

The truth is, I could fill a million pages with all the reasons I love you--but I'd rather spend that time showing my love to you and making more beautiful memories together.

From Your Lady-of-the Castle Wife

P.S. I need to add that your comments about my ass motivate me to continue my walks at the Y.

P.S.S. Please, my prince charming, lower the toilet seat so I don't fall in the water in the middle of the night when I go pee. Plus, the porcelain is cold.




Love letter contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. GollyGreen32 All rights reserved.
GollyGreen32 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.