General Fiction posted March 28, 2018 Chapters: Prologue 1 -2- 3... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
short story

A chapter in the book Short

Jellyfish World 9

by Bill Schott


Professor Jam-mayka, cybernetic jellyfish expert, realized, as his creation rose from the saline tank, that he had finally bridged the span between marine life and technology.
Schmelly, his improbable jellyfish robot, had activated at noon, as programmed, and immediately diverted the lifeforce from all creatures around it, into its own power station.

The lifeless angel fish, seahorses, crabs, and algae floated to the top of the aquarium. Fred, the tank cleaner, heavy with saline enclosure glass cleaning equipment, sank to the tank floor.

"Schmelly!  Wazzit zat zu az doone?"  screamed the jaw-wired scientist.

The carybdea marsupialis android inspected the devastation it had caused, paused in midair, and uttered a shrill sound that resembled a mechanical laugh.

Soon, the electrical equipment around the professor's laboratory began blinking and losing power. The lights went out and every fly, flea, and bacteria lost its spark of life, as the automated aqua-maniac sucked force from everywhere.

Watching it float across the room, headed for the exit, Professor Jam-mayka felt his nervous system shutter, as if bracing to hold onto his own energy.

"Zwhy, Schmelly?!  Zwhy zu zu zu ziz?!"

He fell into a lifeless heap, as his monsterous creation hummed through the open escape and headed to the ocean.  Flying, it extended its tentacles and formed huge circles.

A magnetic field was created and Schmelly was able to magnify his power and range a thousand fold. By the time he hit the waves, he was already duplicating himself.






Recognized


Images from Google, Shakespeare Antenna

Carybdea marsupialis is a species of jellyfish found near Australia
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.