General Fiction posted March 26, 2018 Chapters:  ...5 6 -7- 8... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
At the cave, Rachel rescued, calls made.

A chapter in the book My Brothers' Keeper

Rescued.

by aryr



Background
Rachel gets lost, almost dies, is rescued by Daniel and a wolf called Gray.
His estimation of time was relatively accurate. He raced inside, followed by Gray who nudged the door shut.

His first act was to get this young woman warm. He gently laid her on the bed and started to disrobe her. He wasn't a prude and had seen naked women before, but he needed to get her warm. He stripped her down to her undies, slid her between the flannel sheets, covered her with the blanket and comforter and then added another blanket. He didn't even bother washing the grime off her face and hands. Warmth was a priority.

When he was sure she was settled, he went to the fire pit and using his oven mitts retrieved two of the warming bricks. Sometimes he liked to heat up the bed a little. These were wrapped in towels and then placed near her feet under the sheets. Another wonderful source of heat. After this was completed he opened a can of broth and a can of soup. He poured a little milk in a measuring cup and popped it in the microwave, Gray deserved a treat and that wolf did like his warm milk.

He sat in the chair watching Rachel sleep as he ate his soup. He had no clue as to who she was. He knew she was smart enough to take the necessary actions to survive as long as she did with the circumstances. He then wondered if she had any identification in her pockets. His found several things actually. Her driver's license, an emergency contact number, a set of keys for a rental vehicle and a room key for the park's B & B.

First things first, even though it was the middle of the night, he called the B & B and spoke with Todd. Todd and Phyllis had been friends with George and Daniel for a long time. It was confirmed that she was a vacationing client and that her vehicle had been found in a ditch about fifteen miles out. The ranger had organized a search party and they were out looking. Todd was glad she was safe and agreed to call the ranger to call off the search.

Daniel's next call was to the emergency contact who happened to be her brother, Tim.

He apologized for the hour of his call and explained the circumstances to the best of his knowledge, that he had found her, she was safe and had suffered slight hypothermia and was at present snuggled in to a warm bed and once she woke, he would fly her home to her parents. Tim was fine with this plan and told Daniel that he would call his parents but also that he should expect calls from them. She was the baby.

After the call, he sat looking at her driver's license. According to the information, she was one year younger than he was, and she was a physician. He wondered if she had specialized in any area. He could wait. He made a pot of tea and sat back watching her as she slept. After the first cup of tea, he remembered that her clothing was dirty, so he threw them into the compact
washer.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.