Biographical Non-Fiction posted March 13, 2018 Chapters: -Prologue- 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
trying to get it started

A chapter in the book My life story

It kicks off

by MCLII1987

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.
The time between high school school and thirty vanishes like a fart in the wind and so many people now days take longer to get to where they want to be in life, longer to get to their established point.

I think it started with my overprotective parents. This was overexaberatided by friends that just used me for things like my go kart and swimming pool. I did not even find out about Special Olympics until the fourth grade. Perhaps this is why I was over compensated with material positions.

When I was about in second grade I recall getting my super Nintendo system. I spent countless hours on this mind numbing device. Just imagine if I would have put it into something more productive.

I know my neurological short comings are not my own doings. But the public school system just rushes student through the system, without giving them extra attention. For example, when someone is placed in a special education math class, because they really don’t know the material. Why does the school dump a bunch of students with behavior? problems in the same class.

In elementary school children if children like someone that the other children disapprove of they will pressure them not to associate with them anymore. I recall in fifth grade that I was pressured not to hang out with a girl.

A circle was formed and my so called friends that were just bullying me into breakings things off with a true friend. Children are also pushed not to associate with the fat kid. This goes back to the old adage don’t judge a book by it’s cover.
At the same time people have been judging me all those years. Learning not to judge and see true beauty is really a life long lesson that it takes practice to master.

I fill like the first report I submitted did not get me anywhere. The more at the door program is coming at my store in about a month and I still have not been told where I will go or if I will get to stay at the door.
 
I know with my disability there are things I can not do in the store. But feel like I should get to stay at the door, even if I am just job coded as a cart pusher but do what I do now and help out the AP people greeter host.
 
The manger of automotive has not gotten back with me about me moving back there to the automotive counter and The AP manager has not interviewed me yet to give me a yes or no on weather or not I can stay at the door.
 
My management team assures me that they are not discriminating against me. But it feels like they are. They should be doing more than just printing out job descriptions for me to read they should be trying there best to help me find a new position.
 
I am afraid I am going to get laid off as soon as April 30 gets here unless something is done. I contacted my market manager and that helped some. I even contacted the open door help line step number 3 and that did not help at all. Step number 3 said they did not investigate things with changing positions. Well I am not changing my position by choice.
 
I have not even been getting scudled lately. I’ve been having to over ride or bug for to get my scudaule fixed. The paper my store manger read me and all the other greeters said I was guaranteed a job until April 30.
 
Also no one seems to know what the size of my severance package will be after nearly ten years with the company to me it sounds like and feels like the company wants to no longer employ the disabled.
 
I am at the point in my life where I wonder if I will ever get what I dream of in my head.
 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. MCLII1987 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
MCLII1987 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.