Family Fiction posted February 11, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
My happy family memories

My Happy Family

by Sueswrite


This is for all of those adults who wished for a happy family too.
I gently stepped from my bed and quietly slid open my closet door, just enough.

I slipped back into bed and positioned my pillow on the edge, where I rested my head and waited.

Each night they emerged from under my bed, holding hands, laughing, giggling. My happy family.

They'd walk across the tiny rug, step into the open closet, and soon disappear until the next night. Every night I waited.

Their name unknown when I ran from that home and never returned.

Each night my closet is opened, just enough. I wait.



100 Word Flash Fiction contest entry


I truly believed that I owned a happy family and that they were real. I still do. They were my only family, the happy ones. This is the true image of me waiting to hear the sounds I so dreamed of all of my young days and yes, this is my artwork.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sueswrite All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Sueswrite has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.