General Poetry posted January 20, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Unless you come as a little child...

A house of faith...

by royowen

A house of faith cannot be built
on river's flow or vagrant silt.
No one constructs a fortress wall
on porous sand -- the North wind's call.

If one will curse a prophet's cause,
how will one know, perceive one's course?
A man should seek his own release --
to capture truth -- trap Heaven's peace.

Please search the heights, for wisdom seeks
with lifted eyes beyond faith's peak.
A child can grasp the sweetest truth --
because the dust cannot blind youth.

It's not with naked eyes men see,
but with the soul -- on bended knee.
How can the knowledge man has gleaned
be birds of wisdom groomed and preened?

R.Owen 13/09/2017




Recognized


I think and believe as a writer;- wisdom, perception, intuition, and the greatest of all, the seeking of truth is necessary for imparting written work. I would think we would rather influence in pathways of good, would we not? Seek wisdom with the heart of a child, don't let bias or prejudicial thinking enter the process, we all have limitations in receiving information... be open, really open.
Proverb 4 : 6-9 "Don't abandon wisdom, and she will watch over you; love her, and she will guard you. Wisdom is supreme -- so get wisdom. And whatever you get, get understanding. Cherish her, and she will exalt you; if you embrace her; she will honour you. She will place a garland of favour on your head; she will give you a crown of beauty."
Proverbs 9 : 10a "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom..."
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. royowen All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
royowen has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.