Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted January 9, 2018 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 9 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Think of Unity

A chapter in the book Trumping the System

Utopian Anthem

by Cogitator




Background
Climbing the ladder of Understanding
Utopian Anthem (Imagine - Interpreted)

John Lennon's vision in this song is what prompted me to write this book and how we can bring the ideals to life.

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky


If we all stand on the equator for twenty four hours and continually look from horizon to horizon, we will have a better idea of "heaven." We're in it. Hell has no place in heaven; it only exists in the uninformed minds of the religious. The only thing that creates the idea of Hell is our own ignorance of the truth. The materialistic mind we call the ego, if not understood, will create imaginary creatures we call Satan, Beelzebub or Lucifer. Only truth exists.

"The only evil is Ignorance." Socrates.

Imagine all the people
Living for today...


Our spiritual self exists in the eternal and infinite dimension of Here/Now. There is no such thing as past and future, except what our minds project. Each night, the material mind dies and is resurrected when we awaken. During our sleep, the "Mind that never sleeps" keeps our hearts beating and lungs pumping, etc. Living in the moment according to Tolle's "The Power of Now" will allow us to regain our creative power. We imagine what our day will be like as we stir from our sleep and create it as we go. If we all work to make this day a better one for each other, we're on the right path.

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do


Political borders are like corrals for the various herds the Plutarchy maintains. They are artificial lines that cannot be seen from space and exist only in the uneducated mind. Mavericks who try for freedom are seen as rebels that won't follow the dictates of the despots put in place to watch the herds. Violent force, propaganda, imperialism, patriotism and indoctrination are the tools used to try and maintain "peace" within each corral.

Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too


Karl Marx said it best: "Religion is the opiate of the masses." Truly, addiction to a system of belief is much like heroin or cocaine addiction. Whether the addiction is to a book or a set of behaviors that others can mimic, it is addiction nonetheless. All beliefs are assumptions, not truth. Einstein has a view on Buddhism:

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: It transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural and spiritual; and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things, natural and spiritual, as a meaningful unity." Albert Einstein

"Those who would believe absurdities can be made to commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Most devout folks are great neighbors and community participants. The Bible and Koran give them a common thread to unite and take care of each other. That is surely desirable in a Utopian society. However, credit for goodness, compassion and humanitarianism need not be assigned to an imaginary friend. Traditional religions were intended to control societal behavior more than gain spiritual insight. Spirituality is not achieved by separating oneself from some "Supreme Being." It is achieved by understanding Being as the Supreme enlightenment.

Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...


Many hope for World Peace, but do nothing. An occasional pang of discomfort occurs when we see the atrocities being committed by our military/Industrial complex, but that usually lasts only a short while. After that, we're just "too busy" to be peaceful.

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one


There are dozens, if not hundreds of websites leading to world unity, but we must find a way to open the corrals without causing stampedes.

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can


Anyone who thinks he or she "owns" something is foolish. We may get license from our local overlord to use something for a while, but that's it. People who are obsessed with gathering material or money for some future purpose are only fooling themselves. Those who think they own something are actually being owned by the objects they think they have.

No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man


The planet can provide food for everyone, even in this overpopulated condition. However, greedy commercial interests who provide without considering keeping the planet in balance are causing long-term pains for our children and grandchildren.

Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...


The corrals are temporary. Just because the Plutarchy posts some goons with guns at the borders doesn't mean they will stay. Prejudice, jealousy, greed and ignorance will eventually die, not people.

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one


Standardizing thoughts to be based on truth alone is difficult. Mass media feeds little minds with pap and propaganda and are rigidly censored to present candy-coated crap for easy digestion. Rupert Murdoch, Clear Channel, Disney, Time-Warner, etc. want to make sure the truth stays as hidden as possible. The natives get restless unless they are repeatedly told they are in good hands.

"Living as one" means "of the same mind," not necessarily living exactly the same way. There are preferences in each of us that can be addressed individually. The Golden Rule is the one that can create the same mindset. We can be addicted to that thought. Groups can create their own individual corrals and be with like-minded communities, as long as they do not negatively impact neighbors.

Our first responsibility is to help each other, but not at the expense of destroying the planet in the process. Commercial interests are so hungry for money that the methods used to provide for two billion people are still being used to provide for seven billion people. The one-eyed hypnotist we call television prods people to buy useless junk they cannot afford nor have any need for. Cutting down rain forests, raping the ocean wildlife, polluting our air and water for the purpose of providing unneeded goods and services is insane.

The place is here and the time is now. That is the state of being we will forever be. What we activate today is the Process of Becoming - coming to be some other state of being. If we do not adjust our priorities to ensure that what is important comes first, it will take longer to achieve. It will happen. We have the tools. Let's teach our youth how to use them so that they can create a future based on truth.




This is a great song to hum during your busy day.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MKFlood at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Cogitator All rights reserved.
Cogitator has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.