Romance Poetry posted January 6, 2018 Chapters:  ...17 25 -26- 28... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
ten minute free verse

A chapter in the book Selections For Book Project

Comet

by michaelcahill


 
Haley loved her
there was no question
nor suggestion otherwise
in his heart
or seldom consulted mind
 
her response did not
occur to him
for the love itself
consumed him
and the plans
he made
the shade of the tree
the babbling of
every brook
 
when she fled to the horizon
in a sailboat on the sunset
he began his own journey
 
a journey of why
 
we still await his answer
 
but we know he still seeks
and we shout to him
as he passes by
once in a while
 
for it never dies

love

and the quest
to understand
 
to acquire
 
and we know
 
tears
turn to ice
in the void of space
 
twinkle, twinkle
says this child
with wishes
til the day I die
 
wondering

about snowflakes and
mountain tops packed in white
and melting

melting

drop by drop
and a stream
becoming a river
 
and a void
being
filled




 




This is my first entry. Here's a link to my second entry, "sand outside the hour glass", if you're interested. Click HERE

HERE is the challenge us Fabulous Free Versers were given. You are ALL invited to join up and participate. You'd be surprised what you can do ... but we wouldn't. :))

You are challenged to write a ten-minute free verse poem. Here are the rules: You are NOT to think about what you are writing about before beginning your write. You are not to edit your write when you are finished. I want you to clear your mind, look at your watch or clock, note the time and start writing. When ten-minutes have passed ... stop writing. THAT is your piece. Post it. :)) Some people write like this as a rule. Of course, most DO edit and pick and choose what they keep in the write. This time we don't want to do so. For those of you who've never written like this, I think you may be surprised at how creative you are "under the gun". Some of the most compelling poetry is often difficult to explain, however, upon reading, feelings are induced in the reader and the mind is often thrown into deep thought. There is great value in that, often as much as there is in concise, easy to understand pieces. My opinion, of course. In any case. This is our challenge. I hope you'll all give it a try.

Club entry for the "You Have Ten-Minutes" event in "The Fabulous Free Versers Club".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.