Mystery and Crime Fiction posted December 21, 2017 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 7... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Detective Monroe being adopted could have a twin brother.

A chapter in the book Detective Monroe

A twin is possible

by SLMorrical


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for language.
The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.



Background
A serial killer who looks exactly like the lead detective on the case. No forensic evidence except a pair of fingerprints belonging to a woman. The detective is questioning his own sanity.
The phone rang and Detective Eddie Monroe just knew there was another murder. "This is Monroe, yes, I will be right there." He knew what he would find, and was baffled with this case. He went to the alley where the body was, and tried to understand why this was happening to these women, and how could he stop it, and if it was him who needed to be stopped. Carl from forensics arrives at the scene; Eddie greets him with a question. "Hey Carl, are we finding any forensic evidence to at least have a viable suspect, what are we missing?"

"We do have the fingerprints of Sally Chapman from the bracelet. I do not know of anything else Eddie, I will keep looking."

"Please do, for this is the worst case we have ever come across in Mel-View."

"Detective Monroe, Detective Monroe." Officer Chad was running calling his name to get the Detective's attention.

"Officer Chad, what is it?"

"We have a witness that saw the victim leave with someone last night."
"Good bring them over, and let's see if we can get a break in this case." Eddie's heart jumped as if he just received the one thing he wanted for Christmas.

"This is Justin, the bartender."

"Ok Justin, tell me who did she leave the bar with last night."

"Well sir, he looked just like you, and he paid cash for their drinks."

"What! I wasn't even here last night."

"Thanks Justin for your help, Officer Chad will get your address and phone number, so we can contact you later, should we need to ask you anymore questions." Detective Monroe was shocked at what the bartender had told him, and again he thought to himself, was he a murderer? He took out the journal Dr. Larson suggested he keep, and read what he had written down last night. Eddie was nervous at what he might find in his own handwriting.
He opened the journal with apprehension, looked at the page he wrote last night, he stared at the page. The page with his handwriting read: "10PM, this movie is boring think I will go to bed." The time in the journal says 10PM, so I could not have been at the club, so who was it, and why do they look like him? It is just like the surveillance tape at the hospital. Eddie thought to himself there is someone killing these women, and he looks just like me, but why, how?
Eddie called Bob to see how he was. "Hey Bob, how are you? I know you are innocent of these murders, but we have no clue who did commit these murders."

"Eddie thanks for finally believing in me."

"Let me ask you a question Bob, and please tell me the truth."

"Sure Eddie what is it?"

"Did you really see me that night at the Bar and Grill?"

"Well the man sure looked liked you, come to think of it, he acted like he did not know me at all."

"He acted like he did not know you?"

"Yes!"

"Well Bob, did that detail tell you it was not me?"

"I guess it should have, but he looked like you exactly. Maybe you have a twin."

"I am an only child."

"But you were adopted, were you not?"
"Yes I was. Maybe I do have a twin, and didn't know it." Eddie hung up the phone, and began to think about where he would start to research the possibility that he did have a twin. He could go to the adoption agency which handled his adoption and maybe flash his badge to acquire his information, but that would be an abuse of his power.

He called his mother and asked her the name of the adoption agency she went through. She told him it was the Little Ones Adoption agency in town. He thanked her and proceeded to the agency. The agency was in downtown Mel-View, and he wondered how he was going to get the information he needed, was his twin committing these murders, and why. Eddie pulled up to the agency, and still had no idea how he was going to get the information. He walked in the door was greeted by the receptionist.

"Hello, may I help you?" The receptionist was pleasant enough.

"Yes, I am Detective Monroe, and I need to talk to someone about an adoption that occurred about forty years ago."

"Well Detective, you will have to speak to Mrs. Simon, to see if you are allowed that information, and I believe you need a warrant for that information."

"Ok." Eddie wondered if this was a stall tactic or a way to tell him he was at a dead end. Eddie waited in the lobby patiently for Mrs. Simon. It must have been at least twenty minutes before she arrived.

"Detective Monroe, I am Mrs. Simon, how can I help you?"
"Is there somewhere we can speak privately?" Eddie was anxious.

Mrs. Simon showed Eddie to her plush office down the hall, and looked at him with a question look on her face. She gestured for Eddie to sit down in on of the comfortable armchairs in front of her desk. "So Detective Monroe, what can I do for you?"

"I would like some information on an adaptation that took place about forty years ago."

"Whose adoption and why do you need this information?"

"Well", Eddie thought a minute. "The adoption was a baby boy to Sarah and Ted Monroe."

"Detective, are you asking about your own adoption?" Mrs. Simon had seen this before adopted children trying to find birth parents.

"Well yes, but not to find my birth parents, I am looking for a possible twin."

Mrs. Simon thought for a minute. "Well most of our records are now on computers, and I don't know if any information from 40 years ago is even on the computer. Our archive room had a fire a few years back and any files that didn't get transposed to the computer were lost, but I will try to see what I can find."

"Ok I guess I can agree to that. Here's my card if you find the information please give me a call." Monroe was not giving up just yet.

"I will do that Detective, and I hope I can find what your are looking for." Mrs. Simon stated as she shook his hand goodbye.




I have enjoyed all the feedback I have received on the previous chapters and it has helped me tremendously on completing this book.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. SLMorrical All rights reserved.
SLMorrical has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.