General Poetry posted December 21, 2017 Chapters:  ...442 443 -444- 445... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Cailgram with 3-5-3 Note

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Holiday Greetings

by Treischel


A greeting
Christmas Caligram
Joy to All





Just a Holiday Mesasage to my Fanstory Friends

This poem is a Caligram plus a 3-5-3 message.
A Calligram is a poem, phrase, or word in which the typeface, calligraphy or handwriting is arranged in a way that creates a visual image. The image created by the words expresses visually what the word, or words, say. In a poem, it manifests visually the theme presented by the text of the poem. Guillaume Apollinaire was a famous calligram writer and author of a book of poems called Calligrammes. His poem written in the form of the Eiffel Tower is an example of a calligram.

The image was created by the author using a WordArt program and Powerpoint. I had to use Powerpoint because I couldn't get it to work in the Word Program, I then saved it as a JPG.

I hope you can read it If not, Here is what it says. Merry Christmas. Holiday Greetings.
The top rail of the sleigh: "Santa's Sleigh. Ready to ride tonight. Just hook up the reindeer just right. Then away, Away."
Sleigh bottom: "Jolly old Saint Nick will be moving really quick. To visit every town. Before the dawn."
Down brakets: "HO HO" AND "HO HO."
Runner blade: "This sleigh, it will slide through the snow, or through the air it will go. To give Santa a smooth ride."
Sack: "Gifts and toys for all the good girls and good boys."
Santa's Hat: "Yes, I am Santa Clause"
Santa's Face: " - Ho ho. Merry"
Santa's belly: "Christmas to all."
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.