Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted December 7, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A short story about me being a writer

All writers lunch together, not me.

by robina1978

At the moment I write many stories, as I am higher up with stories than with poems. I hope to make the top ten, maybe. This is mainly due to all the updates about my husband.

Will you all keep your fingers crossed?

I might even make a book out of all these stories. That would be my first book. Mind you, I tried one years ago, but it failed on FanStory.

I was never good at school in writing. My first or first two lines are good. Then as I need more lines, it gets rubbish. So never ever good scores.

My poems (I never read poetry before I joined this site) I was taught by Brooke. She was an excellent teacher. I lost her now, and am literary lost without her guidance. I got to love poetry under her tuition, now it is just a must.

Writing poetry and short stories is something I like, but during this lunch I found I was the worst one of the lot. No surprise for me. To you?

I don't think so, not really.

The only thing I used to be good at, is talking. Shrink was my profession. I don't gossip as one poem tells you. Maybe very occasionally.

Please all agree with me, so I can laugh my head off. Catch a head, and you'll win this prompt/contest.

I think all other writers enjoyed their lunch, I didn't. Just did not taste well enough. Writers are choosy eaters.



Writing writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story or essay with the topic of "writing". Can be instructional or a character in the story can be a writer. Creative approaches welcomed.


Many thanks to Liilia for the artwork.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. robina1978 All rights reserved.
robina1978 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.