Mystery and Crime Fiction posted December 1, 2017 Chapters: 2 3 -4- 5... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The only witness safe, the killer gets her to safety

A chapter in the book Detective Monroe

The only witness is safe

by SLMorrical


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for language.
The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.


Background
The book summary is in the author notes, because you really need to read the other chapters to understand what is going on. Thanks to everyone who gives feedback.
The killer watched the news as it reported about the murder of a mother of two, and her thirteen-year-old daughter was in the hospital under sedation. The news reporter stated the woman's thirteen year old daughter caught a glimpse of the murderer. "I had set her free, released her from her misery, but her daughter may hinder my mission if she saw enough to identify me," the killer thought out loud.
He went to the hospital; asked for the girl's Dr. The nurse recognized him and went to retrieve Dr. Maxwell. Dr. Maxwell came out to the desk. "I am Dr. Maxwell, are you Detective Monroe?"

"Why yes I am." He answered with a sly tone.

"Claire Sewer can leave now; I will leave her in your custody."

"Thank you." He walked to her room and she was sleeping. He begins to wake her. While she is still groggy he dresses her, and walks her out of the hospital. She looks at him; but being heavily sedated she just goes with him. He is not a murderer, just on a mission to save the women in misery. She is too young to be in misery, so she must live. He drives her to her to a shelter, leaves her there by the front door, and watches to see what happens.
The Nun opens the door of the shelter, sees Claire laying on the front door step, and takes her in the shelter so she can rest. The Nun recognizes her from the news, and proceeds to make sure she is okay. Claire still groggy looks up at the Nun and smiles. Claire has shelter for the moment and is safe; the Nun decides to call the police when Claire wakes up.

"You rest honey; you have had a very rough time." She covers Claire with a blanket and sits by her side as to protect the girl from the devil she encountered.

He watched as the Nun brought Claire into the shelter, and he was pleased. "There is still hope for her soul, because she is young her soul may not need saving." He starts the car and drives off. He must continue his mission, and looks for his next soul to save. He starts to wonder who Detective Eddie Monroe is, and why did the doctor think he was this person.

The sound of the alarm blaring woke Eddie out of a deep sleep. "It's eight am already, I feel like I just went to sleep." Detective Monroe crawled out of bed and headed for the shower when the phone rang. He ran over to the phone and picked it up.

"Hello!"

"Detective Monroe, I am Sister Margaret, and the police station gave me your number, and said I should call you."

"Okay Sister what can I do for you?"

"Claire Sewer is here at St. Anne's Shelter."

"Are you sure it is her?"

"Yes Detective I am sure it is her."

"Thank you Sister, can she stay there for awhile, and tell no one she is there."

"Okay Detective I will do that, she is safe here."

"Thank you Sister." Eddie hung up the phone and headed back to the shower. While in the shower, he kept thinking and wondering if he took Claire out of the hospital; then why is she in a homeless shelter? Eddie got dressed and headed to the station. After arriving at the station, he headed towards the shrinks office. He knocks on the door.

"Come on in Detective, I have been waiting for you." Eddie opens the door, and walks into Dr. Larson's office. The office is very contemporary, friendly, and inviting. "So Detective what is it that I can help you with."

"Well Dr. Larson, I believe I am having blackouts, or I am in two places at once. People are telling me I am at certain places, and I do not remember being there."

"Detective Monroe, just because someone says they have seen you somewhere, or you were doing something, does not mean you were."

"But I cannot remember the time they are talking about, or even where I was."

"Ok to start I want you to carry a journal, write in it everything you do and the time you do it at. This will help you with your memory, and will help to find if blackouts are taking place. I want you to come back in a week and we will go over the journal."

"All right, Dr. Larson, see you in a week." Eddie left the shrinks office and headed back to his. Eddie kept thinking, I hope this helps, because I am not a murderer.




There's a serial killer in Melview and he looks like the lead detective. The lead detective is Eddie Monore, and he is questioning if he is the killer. The killer is only killing divorced or single women between thirty-five and forty-five years old. Eddie Monroe was recognized by the only witness Claire Sewer daughter of one of the victims, and a women Eddie almost married. Claire has been missing and even thought there is a suspect in jail another murder occurred. So we find Claire and Eddie is still questioning his own sanity. I look forward to all feedback good or bad.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. SLMorrical All rights reserved.
SLMorrical has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.